Starting Unemployed and getting a South African club

Hush Baby

Reaction score
I started getting bored of my Welling save, I got them to the Championship in consecutive seasons.

I've decided to load up all leagues (WARNING takes much longer to set up the game) and start unemployed. The only job I was offered was Vasco in South Africa in the first division coastal. This will be a challenge as I only get about £200 a week to spend on wages. Most of the team are 16 and 17 year olds and there are a few older players.

I've only played one match so far, a friendly which I won 5-0 against a team called Florida.

Has anyone ever managed a South African club? The season seems short.

My aim is to commit to any club I manage for at least a complete season no matter how things are going. I will only apply for another job if I'm sacked or have completed a season. I will not accept any job offers unless I have completed a season with my current club.

I'll see how my first season goes in South Africa then decide what to do next. I'll keep you updated.

That sounds .................. fun lol. I get bored quick of managing teams in England/Italy/Spain, i think i might give it a go in a weird and wonderful country

lol this is exactly what I was planning to do!!!. Starting with a South African club and moving upwards and onwards. Wish you the best of luck, Can't wait for your updates:)

I had an offer from some south african (Vasco and two others), the other (which I don't remember) seemed good enough, but in the end I chose Braintree. I think I'll delete that though, as I'm going to play Crewe before journeyman, but from what I saw while thinking what of the offers to take (South Africa, Brazil or BSS) the players did seem to be most on the young side.

the league is short, indeed: eight teams in the group, but it's four legs, so 7*4 = 28, like the irish.

Yeah I started unemployed and was offered 5 jobs in south africa, I took over Black Leopards and the wage budget is tiny so its a good challenge...

Good luck with it!!! (H)

i dont know how u do it. i'm so used to the big time i.e. european continent that i can never go anywhere else.

i dont know how u do it. i'm so used to the big time i.e. european continent that i can never go anywhere else.

I used to be like that but got bored of the game. Started playing with Blue Square South teams and have been hooked with the challenge since.

Thought it was time for a new challenge which is why I started unemployed