joshr100

Reaction score
So recently I didn't know who to start a new save with so I took my chances at being unemployed and trying to work from scratch and hope that a team put faith in me. As the season went on I was getting rejected for every job (even raith rovers at one time)

Then on december 31st chesterfield came calling, 13th in the league but amongst the favorites at the start of the season. I am now into february and have just suffered my first defeat of my managerial career and won the previous 5 games and moved up to eight in the league, 1point off players 4 off automatic promotion I am hooked and find it way more interesting in the fact I didn't just choose the team from the start.

Has anyone else started unemployed and been a success?

i started of unemployed then got the athletic job, was consistently in top 4 until the save file got crash dumped. in fm2010 i had a journey man carer where i started unemployed and stopped playing when i got to 2028.

Sounds good, I only signed a contract till the end of the season so if things do go pear shape i can leave and go somewhere else but so far so good

the only advice i can give you with the leaving part is make sure you're going to get the job. i've left clubs during the summer thinking i'm going to get a massive job, only to eventually start at another mid-table team.

I started with Kettering and am currently in Premier League and Europe and finances are secure so I think that's a success

I always start like that...got a Venlo job in my first save,been there for 3 seasons then took Nottingham Forest and then got offered a great job at QPR with massive budget but my save "died" and coludn't load it again.But,started new save and got HNK Rijeka job in Croatian first division,they were terrible so I resigned and I'm enjoying now in Valladolid,second season on 2nd place still undefeated.The best way to play the game,for me.

I started a Game Unemployed and had a few jobs rejected, main Team being Cambridge, but then in November both Reading and Bristol city offered me jobs, took the reading job and got promoted in the 2nd season. Now to start my premier league campaign.

I usually do an unemployed save quite early on. Adds more realism and it can be quite fun taking a relatively unkown club (usually start Blue Sqaure North/South) through the leagues.

the only advice i can give you with the leaving part is make sure you're going to get the job. i've left clubs during the summer thinking i'm going to get a massive job, only to eventually start at another mid-table team.

I think if come close or get promotion I will hopefully carry with them if not and my season ends up being a failure il leave and try and get another job, that's my plan anyway

I got a job at Preston North End... got them a promotion in the second year ( first was gone by the time I was in) Napoli came calling towards the beginning in the third... The club finished 3rd behind AC and Inter...And midway across my 4th, FC Bayern came calling... they were 10th after 17 odd games... (and it appears they play 34 league games in Germany)... I'm fifth right now. 15 points behind Leverkusen with 9 matches to go!
Of course, all that while managing ManU and England on my other save!