KaotiK

Reaction score
Hey.. First time im really giving Low league managing a go.

Any tips for me please? :D Isit best to just loan players and stuff for now? budget of 80k lol

I started in the same league as you with Huddersfield Town. I've struggled in most seasons until recently when i've changed my tactics and took on board peoples comments on this site.

With Huddersfield i started with £700k which is good but i tend to loan players in or find a parent/feeder club in my first season.

good luck

I just started with Leyton Orient and my budget was about €180k. I bought Mihhail Kazak, perfect for CC League 2 sides, I changed my parent club from T'ham to Chelsea. Got some players from Chelsea and got some players for free. Kazak so far 3 games and 3 goals. He's AM/ FC

Hey guys. I'm new to the Forums. I've started as Hartlepool. Yet to win in the League 6 games in. Can you recomend any decent free transfers?

Hatem Trabelsi should be decent for League 1. He should be also free.
Steven Carr, Edgar Davids if you are lucky maybe you got Appiah, Abreu.

I totally failed with hartlepool, around 17th i the league. Just gonna call ti quits with that game as i cant get anything going lol. gonna start lower and go wimbledon! :D

When im with Huddersfield i always play with a target man and a quick player alongside him. I brought in vincent perricard on loan from Stoke to use as a taget man and he did a great job scoring goals and making plenty for my pacey forward Keigan Parker.

He might be worth a punt and play James Brown alongside him??

Last edited:
get a parent club, they will send you some quality players on loan.

get a parent club, they will send you some quality players on loan.

Absolutely agree :) Pre-season friendlies against your parent club raise finances, get the loan agreement and not only will they send you players on loan totally free but also be much more agreeable to letting you loan players you want for 10% of their wages. Sad thing is that there's a limit of 2 players from one club allowed to be loaned in. My current Bury team has a few 'parent' club agreements, the majority for pre-season friendlies with other northwest clubs but a loan agreement with Manchester City :D That was already in place when I moved there, so was one of the pleasanter surprises ;) Sadly, your board will not always agree or not be able to find a club to do this. Try once a season til you get one though - they just tell you to clear off if you ask them again sooner.

Players in the lower leagues tend to vary wildly from game to game. A good youth academy (cup runs to raise the money are always useful ;) ) should get you a couple of good prospects every season. Get the best scouts you can and scout as often and as frequently as you can to spot the bargains.

The trials matches in late pre-season are good places to spot bargains released by the big clubs.

Try not to go too mad bringing players in, just cos they're freebies - you need some squad harmony or your first few months might be rather rocky.

I'm currently a year into managing Bury (moved there Christmas last season from my promoted Newport County). They were bottom of the table, 800k in debt and stank like only a league 2 team heading out of the league can. Finished 15th, this season at Christmas in a solid playoff place with hopes of automatic promotion, and debt is down to 200k with a nice 3rd round trip away to Swansea next up. Most enjoyable way to learn the game for me is to start off in the Blue Square North/South and gradually work my way up the career ladder to get to the Premiership.

Im Hartlepool I,

Brought Alexandre from Millwall (9K)
Jay Spearing (Loan)
Richard Delaet (Loan)
Mole (Hearts player)
Cathcart (Loan)
Just made a bid for spannish winger (40k)