Stats for cover/stopper partnership

ravi1985

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Just made a season with arsenal and I've heard that this in better then 2 central def. Whats stats are required for both of these positions?

Also alot of my players have trouble improving on aerobic training i have 2 5* star coaches on aerobic and im using duncs training but still alot of players are not improving in this area. Any ideas?

Thanks

Hi,

For stopper you want a strong, tall dominating defender with good tackling, heading, bravery, positioning, anticipation most likely. Think Vidic. For cover you want pace, acceleration, anticipation, probably positioning. Think Rio Ferdinand.

Maybe some of the players don't enjoy your training sessions, check to see if they are unhappy. Maybe you need to up their aerobic training sessions, the coaches are a massive help but only if the players are allocated enough time on it. You can also boost training by about 10% in a specific area by assigning a particular aspect to train in their training screen. Also unless you really need to, have your team match preperation set to 'None' instead of attacking blending etc. That saves another 10% which will go towards the main training schedule.

Aside from all of that I'm not sure how much more you need to know or what else could help.

Hi Tommy

Thanks for your help. My def is ok then i have Sakho as my stopper and Vermaelen as my cover but was leaking a few goals so fort there was something wrong.

I will take off team blend and set it on none for awhile and see if that helps. I checked the players training and there pleased with training so ill up them on aerobic.

Again thanks for your help

Stopper/cover won't work well if you're using a high line and/or offside trap.