MitchT94

Reaction score
View attachment 162124View attachment 162123
Lerner and Villa Part Company With Garde!
In what has come as a shock to many Aston Villa owner Randy Lerner has decided to part company with manager Remi Garde before the Villains season has begun. When asked about the decision Lerner stated "We wish Remi all the luck in the future but at this time I feel that the club woould benefit more from a change of direction". When asked if he had any idea of who would succeed remi as Villa manager Lerner said "we have a couple of targets in mind however we don't want to rush into any decision we want to take our time and appoint the manager who we feel has the most offer not only the players but the club as whole".

attachment.php

Breaking News

Villa announce Mitchell Taylor as new manager in a shocking twist in this tale. Many Villa Supporters have been split down the middle with some fans agreeing with decision to appoint a complete rookie as manager as they feel the less pressure on the manager the better results he will get. However there are also the supporters who are outraged that Lerner has fired someone of Remi Garde' calibre and replaced him with a manager who has NO EXPERIENCE. Lerner was unavailable for comment at this time.

Last edited:
View attachment 161643
BREAKING NEWS
Breaking news reaching us from Villa Park today. New manager Mitchell Taylor has sold Aston Villa Legend Gabriel Agbonlahor to Crystal Palace for an estimated £3.3 million. Villa fans are said to be outraged that this unknown rookie has decided to get rid of one of Aston Villas all time legends. Mitchell Taylor was unavailable for comment.

Summer Transfers:
INS:
After a pretty busy summer scouting various players that will be able to help us achieve our goals of staying in the premiership this season we've managed to recruit 5 more players that i feel will have an impact this season.
  1. Tom Carroll - The Spurs youngster has been bought in on a season long loan deal that will cost the club £87k per month. He will help us be a little more creative going forward this season which will be vital if we want to stay up this season. At 23 years of age he has both potential as well as being able to play both CM and AM which will be vital.
  2. Rolando Aarons - The Newcastle youngster is another decent youngster will potential. All though not a world beater at this stage he gives us a little more depth on the wings and his ability to play on either wing will be invaluable to us this season. Another one on a season long loan deal.
  3. Louis Reed - Another young player in on the books and all though he was loaned back to sheff utd for the season he is a player who i think could be a future first steam star for us. At the age of 18 and only costing us £875k this deal could be seen as a steal when we finally see the youngster in action for us.
  4. Antonio Nocerino - A household name in italian football and a ational team stalwart the former AC Milan player could prove to be the bargain of the season only costing us £1.6 million the experienced midfielder will be a key figure in the heart of the midfield for us this season his experience and quality will shine through and hopefully he will be able to single handedly carry us through games when the rest of the team isn't up to scratch.
  5. Will Keane - And our last signing of the season was Will Keane. Due to me selling Agbonlahor and Libor Kozak the team was desperatley lacking depth in the striker position. And for £600k the former man utd player could be just the poacher we're looking for to lead the line whilst also not breaking the bank.
OUTS:
  1. Gabriel Agbonlahor - It may have been a controversial decision to sell the iconic Villa Striker but unfortunately he just isn't up to the standard of the premier league and with Crystal Palace willing to pay £3.3 million for him I just had to let him go if i was going to bring in some quality players to keep us up this season.
  2. Libor Kozak - The big man again was just someone who i deemed not up to standard and quickly shifted out of the club. Luckily wolves paid £1.4 million to take him off of our hand (AND OUR WAGE BILL).
  3. Louis Reed - As mentioned above part of the deal to bring reed to Villa was to send him back to sheff utd on loan for the season. Although I had planned to use him in the first team this season it probably makes sense to loan him back to utd as he will probably start more game and improve a lot faster than he would being on the bench for us.
  4. Andre Green - Another youngster who has left the club on loan is Andre Green. He's joined wycombe for the season hopefully the highly touted youngster will get all the game time he needs at wycombe so he can develop and become a fantastic player for us.

1. [*=center]
    1. View attachment 161629

So the pre season went well for us going undefeated the whole of pre season with some fantastic results against clubs with a higher reputation than us.

Aston villa 3 - 0 Aston Villa U21's
Scott Sinclair - 12
Scott Sinclair - pen 19
Alan Hutton - 90+1
Not too much to say about this one a comfortable victory against our under 21's good to judge if anyone deserved to be bought up to the senior squad.

VFL Bochum 2 - 2 Aston Villa
Rudy Gestede (18, 24)
A game in which we could've won on a different day but after going a goal behind to then going 2 - 1 up to the draw 2-2 is a bit of kick in the teeth however good to see Gestede get amongst the goals during pre season.

Oxford 1 - 3 Aston Villa
Micah Richards (48)
Jordan Ayew (87)
Charles N'Zogbia (90+4)
Agame in which we should have won comfortably saw us scrambling to score 2 goals in the final 7 minutes of the match thanks to Jordan Ayew and Charles N'Zogbia. We really should have been better against this type of opponent but at the end of ther day a win is a win and i'll take it nonetheless.

Aston Villa 2 - 0 FC Twente
Scott Sinclair (15)
Andre Green (85)
A win against a european stalwart in the form of FC Twente is a fantastic win for us with our wingers stealing the show. Scott Sinclair grabbing the first and our youngster Andre Green grabbing a second tying up the win and giving us more momentum heading into the next game.

Kitchee 0 - 3 Aston Villa
Scott Sinclair (1)
Ko Sui Hang OG (54)
Jordan Ayew (62)
Another emphatic victory albeit over a significantly smaller side that FC Twente but the boys put on a strong performance and on another day could have scored another 2 or 3 goals.

Premier Division
Aston Villa 1 - 2 Watford
Antonio Nocerino (35)
A game which i really though we could've won against a Watford side which were clinical. After going 1 - 0 down we equalised through new signing Nocerino however a bizarre second goal for Nordin Amrabat from out on the wing made us suffer an opening day defeat in the league.

Man Utd 3 - 0 Aston Villa
A game which we had to play without an actual striker up front with gestede getting injured in pre season and ayew getting injured against Watford we were never going to enjoy a good day out against Utd at Old Trafford and without an out and out striker up front we lacked cutting edge in front of goal and ended up suffering a 3-0 defeat.

Aston Villa 2 - 1 Liverpool
Scott Sinclair (75)
Ciaran Clark (90+1)
A smash and grab against Liverpool After having Alan Hutton sent off and going 1 - 0 down we managed to regroup and not only get 1 goal back but score an injury time winner through ciaran clark (who came on as a sub) which meant we got a big win over Liverpool to give us our first points of the season.

Aston Villa 2 - 1 Huddersfield (COC)
Leandro Bacuna (7)
Charles N'Zogbia (26)
Our first cup game of the season saw Huddersfield travel to Villa park but Villa sent them scampering home with their tails between their legs after winning the match 2 - 1.

Aston Villa 1 - 1 Chelsea
Will Keane (82)
Thats right another BIG result against one of the premier leagues strongest teams. After conceding a penalty and going 1-0 down thanks to Eden Hazard converting that penalty we again showed resilience to come from behind and ****** points with Will keane getting us the goal.

Sunderland 2 - 1 Aston Villa
Will Keane​
A disappointing loss to a team I really expected to take points from. Idrissa Gueye didn't help the cause by getting sent off in the 54th minute and goals from John O'Shea and Yann M'Vila putting us to the sword and condemning us to defeat.

Last edited:
Interested in following this. Just finished my first season with Villa, ending up 12th on 49 points.

What tactics are you using if you don't mind sharing more screenshots?!

ill post a screenshot of the tactics and the instructions of the tactics im using but in terms of instructions i tend not to use too many to try and keep it simple on that side of things but as i said ill upload a screenshot of them both in the next update :)

View attachment 160960
Fixtures

Aston Villa 1 - 2 Tottenham
Will Keane (18)
A game which in reality we didn't expect to get anything from and that's exactly what happened however it was disappointing to collapse after we went 1 - 0 up against spurs but a Nacer Chadli double confirmed that spurs would take all 3 points.

Chelsea 1 - 2 Aston Villa
Micah Richards (22)
Rolando Aarons (24)
A surprise win against a strong chelsea side however two quick goals from our captain micah richards and loanee rolando aarons ensured that we put our names in the draw for the next round of the Capital One Cup. Diego Costa did pull one back for the home side on the hour mark however we held firm and seen out the game.

Crystal Palace 2 - 0 Aston Villa
A poor result against a side that I fully expected to take all 3 points against however goals from Emmanuel Adebayor and Conor Wickham ensured that we endured a terrible day at the office.

Aston Villa 0 - 1 Stoke City
Leandro Bacuna S/O (77)
Carlos Sanchez S/O (89)
Two sendings off ensured that we never had a chance of getting a result against a strong Stoke City side. An 87th minute goal by Glenn Whelan put the final nail in our coffin as we lost 1-0.

Bournemouth 0 - 0 Aston Villa
A poor 0-0 draw against the premier league new boys. Bournemouths solid defence were to thank for the draw as well as Jordan Ayew's terrible finishing.

Aston Villa 0 - 1 Swansea
A goal by Marvin Emnes ensured that our streak without a win continued. The early goal was too much and we struggled to get back in to the match after that.

Tottenham 1 - 3 Aston Villa (COC)
Adama Traore (11)
Jordan Ayew (39)
Rudy Gestede (86)
Another giant killing in the Capital One Cup as we ran out comfortable 3 - 1 winners against a very strong Spurs side. With all three goalscorers getting their first goals for the club to ensure that we progress to the quarter finals of the cup and a consolation goal from Quincy Promes was not enough to will his team back into the game.

Man City 3 - 0 Aston Villa
Back to reality and back to our league form as we travelled to the Etihad to face a title challenging Man City side. Samir Nasri completed a fine performance by netting a hat-trick against us which now leaves us languishing in the relegation zone.

Results

View attachment 160936

League Table

View attachment 160937

View attachment 160572

Fixtures
Aston Villa 1 - 0 Everton
Rudy Gestede (23)
A change in tactics ensured that we edged out Everton at home 1 - 0 thanks to a Rudy Gestede header on the 23rd minute. However on another day we could have put another 1 or 2 past them however all that matters is that we got the win.

West Brom 2 - 3 Aston Villa
Jordan Ayew (15)
Jack Grealish (30)
Will Keane (77)
A game in which we went 1 nil thanks to a Salomon Rondon goal in the 6th minute however the boys fought hard to go 2 goals up before Rondon struck again in the 74th minute however substitute Will Keane managed to grab us a 3 points after an error from the west brom keeper allowed him to shoot into an empty net

Aston Villa 1 - 0 Newcastle
Jordan Ayew (42)
A comfortable 1 nil win over a very strong newcastle side that are in the top half of the table with Jordan Ayew finally starting to hit some kind of form and bag all 3 points as we continue our march up the table.

Swansea 2 - 2 Aston Vill (COC Quarter Final)
lost 4-3 on penalties
Adama Traore (8)
Scott Sinclair (76 pen)
So our first quarter final with me at the helm ended in disappointment in a game where we really dominated and could have put the game to rest in the first half however an 89 minute Alberto Paloschi goal ensured the tie was taken to extra time and beyond that to penalties where we lost 4-3.

Arsenal 1 - 0 Aston Villa
A game in which we had another player sent off. Aly Cissokho decided to go in hard on hector bellerin earning himself a second yellow card in the 84th minute however the tie was already won by arsenal who were a goal up thanks to Olivier Girouds cooly slotted finish on 44 minutes.

Aston Villa 4 - 1 West Ham
Micah Richards (13)
Rudy Gestede (14)
Idrissa Gueye (27)
Jordan Ayew (33 pen)
A game which i thought would be a lot closer ended in us romping our way to victory despite going 1 nil down to a very strong West Ham side courtesy of a Dimitri Payet Freekick on 12 minutes however the boys pulled themselves together anbd scored two in the space of a minute with Gueye and Ayew netting the 3rd and 4th goals to ensure that the tie was effectively ended in the first half of the game.

Southampton 0 - 2 Aston Villa
Rudy Gestede (40)
Jordan Ayew (65)
Another 3 points in the bag and suddenly our campaign is on a roll with Will Keane being out injured a new strike partnership has been hitting the ground running with both Gestede and Ayew scoring to take home the 3 points from a southampton side that is currently 19th place and in the relegation zone.

Aston Villa 1 - 3 Leicester
Jordan Ayew (37)
And were finally knocked back down to reality with a demoralising defeat against a Leicester side that is currently 5th in the table. Jamie Vardy picked up all three goals as well as the 3 points for his team. Hopefully we can improve seeing as we play leicester again in a weeks time.

Aston Villa 0 - 2 Norwich
Another game in which i expected us to win but somehow slumped to a disappointing 2 nil defeat thanks to goals from Nathan Redmond and Mbokani. Not a lot else to say other than disappointing. And if the defeat wasn't bad enough Ayew is now injured for 2 weeks.

Leicester 3 - 0 Aston Villa
Our second defeat to leicester in 3 games which is now seeing us on a losing streak. 2 goals from Shinji Okazaki and N'Golo Kante ensured that Leicester took all 3 points again against us. Disappointed.

View attachment 160569

View attachment 160568

Current Tactics
View attachment 160567

View attachment 160566

On a side note we also won manager of the month for November!!
View attachment 160564

Bottom Part of the table seems to be very close hope you don't get relegated. Congratz on the manager of the month aswell.

View attachment 159660

Fixtures

Watford 2 - 2 Aston Villa
Rudy Gestede (34, 88)
A Rudy Gestede double got us off relatively scott free against a Watford side that are playing well and are high in the table this could be a valuable point for us seeing as how close the bottom 3 is.

Aston Villa 3 - 2 Tottenham
Micah Richards (14)
Scott Sinclair (71, 89)
A brace from second half substitute Scott Sinclair ensured that we were giant killing once again in our fourth fixture against Spurs this season. A Fantastic 3 points against one of the strongest teams in the league.

Aston Villa 3 - 2 Man Utd
Adama Traore (2)
Rudy Gestede (27, 33)
Back to back huge victories over two fantastic teams ensured that we put another 3 points on the board. Our main man Gestede getting another 2 goals on his tally.

Liverpool 2 - 1 Aston Villa
Martin Skrtel O.G (46)
Unfortunately we couldn't make it 3 from 3 after we slumped to a defeat to Liverpool after going 2 nil down after 12 minutes.

West Ham 3 - 0 Aston Villa (FA CUP)
A disappointing defeat against a team who we beat 4-1 earlier in the season. One thing that did annoy me was the fact we fell asleep at set pieces and allowed Angelo Ogbonna to bag 2 goals against us.

Chelsea 4 - 2 Aston Villa
Rudy Gestede (45+2, 75)
A game where defensive errors cost us. Not only did Lescott score an own goal he also made a horrible back pass which Chelsea striker Luan pounced on. Really frustrating that defensive errors have cost us in back to back games.

Aston Villa 0 - 1 Sunderland
A game which i really expected us to win slipped through our fingers after Alan Hutton decided to get sent off on 17 minutes for 2 yellow cards which also meant that we conceded a penalty in which Borini scored. Sunderlands Lamine Kone did get sent off in the 45th minute but we were unable to get back into the game again defensive errors are costing us points.

Tottenham 3 - 2 Aston Villa
Rudy Gestede (34, 46)
Another game against Tottenham this season unfortunately it didnt lead to another win for us as Harry Kane and Gabriel Barbosa ran rampant over our weak back line. Gestede did put us 2-1 up but Barbosa scored twice to ensure Spurs won the game 3-2.

Aston Villa 1 - 1 Crystal Palace
Carlos Sanchez (23)
A game where i expected us to stop our bad run of form and get three points against 19th placed crystal palace. After going 1 nil up a Jolean Lescott own goal meant that we dropped two points.

Stoke 1 - 1 Aston Villa
(Adama Traore 40)
A game in which we played badly but somehow still managed to come away with a point thanks to Traore's goal which equalised. Stoke ran all over us and i just don't get why our defence is so inconsistent.

Transfers

Ins:
Adlene Guediora:
We ought in Guediora after Tom Carroll requested us o terminate his loan deal because he wasn't getting enough first team football. So with that loan deal being cancelled we needed to bring in another midfield option and Guediora was available on loan for cheap wages so i figured why not bring him in.

Outs:
Tom Carroll:
As I mentioned above Carroll requested that we terminate his loan deal so i terminated it after he didn't feature in the first team very much for us. I would have like to have kept him on loan but ultimately I dont want unhappy players at the club so i thought it was best that i let him go back to spurs.

******Side Note******
On a small side note we had a surprise winnerof the Capital One Cup as Derby faced Arsenal in the final and managed to Lift the trophy. Not a bad achievement for a side in the championship.

View attachment 159638

We are also in the middle of board takeover!

View attachment 159636

Last edited:
View attachment 159189

Fixtures

Aston Villa 4 - 3 Bournemouth
Jordan Ayew (61, 69)
Antonio Nocerino (88)
Scott Sinclair (90+3)
A game in which we went 3 nil down to the premier league new boys bournemouth but we somehow managed to turn it around and win 4-3 thanks to Ayew finally hitting the back of the net and substitute Sinclair again scoring a vital goal from the bench.

Swansea 0 - 2 Aston Villa
Rudy Gestede (50, 59)
A brace from arguably one of top performers this season ensured a comfortable 2 nil victory over a Swansea side that we have struggle to beat all season (dumped us out of the cup on penalties).

Aston Villa 3 - 2 Man City
Aly Cissokho (60)
Jordan Ayew (66)
Leandro Bacuna (68)
After going 1 nil down to a the riches of manchester city 3 goals in 8 minutes ensured that we took all 3 points at home with Bacuna scoring a class free kick which proved to be the winner.

Everton 4 - 3 Aston Villa
Jordan Ayew (28)
Jack Grealish (37)
Idrissa Gueye (61)
A tough result to take after battling from behind twice we couldn't manage to hold on to the point and Ross Barkley puished us in the 88th minute killed all hopes of us getting anything from the match a shame after our recent run of results.

Aston Villa 3 - 0 West Brom
Jordan Ayew (13)
Micah Richards (44)
Adama Traore (60)
A solid 3 nil win over one of our fierce rivals in the league and Jordan Ayew who has found his goalscoring prowess finally got us off to a flyer. West Brom were poor and barely troubled Guzan all game all in all a fairly easy 3 nil victory and another 3 points closer to survival.

Newcastle 4 - 1 Aston Villa
Rudy Gestede (13)
A very disappointing result against the premier leagues bottom club we went 1 nil down to Doumbia and Gestede equalised but after that we just got dominated in a game that based on our goalscoring record lately i thought we would be able to get at least a point from the match.

Aston Villa 3 - 1 Arsenal
Adama Traore (61)
Will Keane (84)
Jordan Ayew (86)
Another strong showing against the league leaders this season. We seem to always perform against the big teams in the premier league this season with a number of giant killings being committed this season and unfortunately for Arsenal they were the next name on the very long list of teams we have upset this season.

West Ham 0 - 2 Aston Villa
Jordan Ayew (17)
Will Keane (87)
Another slid victory and another 3 points on the board. Keane has 2 in 2 from the bench and Ayew has hit form at just the right time. Surely this result meant that we were safe from relegation?

Aston Villa 1 - 1 Southampton
Rudy Gestede (17)
A game which we fully deserved all 3 points but credit to southampton they managed to take full advantage of another defensive error made once again by Jolean Lescott this season which meant we were only able to secure a point.

Norwich 2 - 2 Aston Villa
Jordan Ayew (10, 80)
And that's it we end the season with a draw against Norwich which was disappointing seeing as we took the lead twice in this match again our ability to hold on to the lead in some games is abysmal and i think some defensive reinforcements are needed in the summer transfer window.

***SIDE NOTE***
On a side note as you can probably tell i survived the board takeover that eventually happened. The new board came in just before the Bournemouth game which we managed to win 4-3 and they decided to keep us on for at least 1 more year.

***SECOND SIDE NOTE***
We actually had a player named in the Premier League team of the season Adama Traore made it in there after a fantastic season as he was also named as the fans player of the year for us beating the likes of Gestede and Micah Richards.

View attachment 159175View attachment 159179

View attachment 159178

Review
All in all a solid season for us with quite a few surprise results against the big teams in the league we finished a solid 13th. Next season im aiming for top half finish maybe challenge for Europa league. I feel like were not too far from doing that as long as we strengthen our back line and find a replacement for Jolean Lescott as he made far too many mistakes that cost us in big games. We could also do with a more well rounded creative midfielder as Ashley Westwood isn't the best. And if we get a big enough budget then possibly a more prolific striker that can win games on his own if need be.

View attachment 158132

Transfers:
Dominic Iorfa - A solid young right back who can also do a job at centre back a steal at £5.75m from wolves. Time will tell if he was a good investment but i think he can be a solid player for us.

Pione Sisto - A player who we tried to sign last summer but he didn't want to sign for us a year on and we finally have our man. One of the most promising wingers in the game and a steal at £4.5m.

Alejandro Arribas - A solid old fashioned no nonsense centre back signed from Deportivo for £3.6m With all of the errors trhat Jolean Lescott made last season i decided that we needed to sign a replacement for the veteran.

Marcelo Brozovic - A fantastic prospect signed from Inter Milan for £6.5m. Our creativity from midfield seemed to be lacking in the centre so hopefully he can bring a much needed breatrh of fresh air in the centre of midfield.

Tin Jedvaj - Again another great prospect in the game we have him in on a season long loan from Leverkusen.

Asmir Begovic - Signed for £5m from Chelsea after not getting enough first team football there last season. A solid keeper who is experienced in the premier league and means Guzan has competition for the number 1 spot.

Ryan Gauld - A solid all rounder who can play all over the midfield. A versatile signing who will offer quality cover for the season that he is on loan for us.

Giampoalo Pazzini - A steal at £1.4m we needed another striker in the same mould as Gestede. A solid target man who will get his head on those crosses and long balls.

Sebastien Corchia - A desperate signing from me i'll admit. Hutton got injured and we needed cover for Iorfa so i decided to bring Corchia in on loan from Leicester for the season.

View attachment 158121

Fixtures:
Aston Villa 3 - 0 Inter Milan
Rusy Gestede (2)
Jordan Ayew (44)
Will Keane (64)
A really surprising win against a once European giant. All three goals coming from strikers which is always good to see in pre season.

Aston Villa 2 - 1 Roma
Rudy Gestede (5)
Ryan Gauld (82)
Another great win against a European giant. Another goal from Gestede as well as a debut goal from Ryan Gauld. Solid Victory.

Red Bull Liepzig 2 - 2 Aston Villa
Adam Traore (89)
Micah Richards (90+1)
After 2 great wins against big teams we are back to playing mediocre football against teams ranked similarly to us. 2 late goals managed to save our embarassment and at least earn a draw.

Swansea 3 - 1 Aston Villa
Alejandro Arribas (81)
First game of the season and a disappointying loss against what is seemingly our cryptonite in the form of Swansea City. A hat-trick from Alberto Paloschi put us to the sword.

Aston Villa 2 - 0 Hull
Jordan Ayew (pen 6)
Giampaolo Pazzini (90)
A solid 2 nil win against the premier league new boys and a great way to bounce back from that crushing opening defeat at the hands of Swansea City.

Plymouth 0 4 Aston Villa
Adama Traore (20)
Rudy Gestede (37)
Jordan Ayew (45, 78)
A solid win against Plymouth Argyle in the Capital One Cup. I expected nothing less.

Man City 3 - 0 Aston Villa
A loss against a very strong Man City side who haven't conceded a single goal in 3 matches in the league so far. Which takes our current record in the league at 1 win 2 losses.

View attachment 158124

sorry for the lack of updates recvently i've been flat out at work for the last week or so there will be an update tomorrow at some :)

View attachment 156312

Fixtures

Aston Villa 4 - 1 Leicester
Rudy Gestede (2)
Scott Sinclair (36)
Jordan Ayew (48)
Aly Cissokho (77)
Antonio Nocerino (S/O 86)
So we managed to pick ourselves up after a loss in the last game against a unbeaten man city side with a 4-1 win against Leicester City. Huth did get sent off for the visitors in the 61st minute but by that time we were already 3-0 up and cruising nocerino picked up a second yellow in the dying moments of the match but all in all a solid win.

Aston Villa 1 - 2 Everton
Rudy Gestede (49)
Straight back down again after another defeat against everton. Gestede was on the score sheet again but it was not enough to secure any points for us.

Watford 3 - 0 Aston Villa (COC)
So we're out of the cup for another year after a defeat against Watfors who did finish in a champions league spot last season. I did choose to rest some key players but even so disappointed to not have scored any goals.

Tottenham 2 - 2 Aston Villa
Scott Sinclair (58)
Adama Traore (67)
Another strong showing against a premiership top side after going 1 nil down we went 2 - 1 up but were unable to hold on for all 3 points and in the end had to settle for a draw 2 points lost?

Aston Villa 2 - 1 Sunderland
Pione Sisto (17)
Will Keane (59)
Another 3 points on the board for the season against a Sunderland side that we should be beating more comfortably. Will Keane getting a rare start and scoring is always nice to see.

Aston Villa 0 - 1 Derby
A disappointing defreat to last season COC winners. I did expect to win this game and am disappointed to come away without even a point in this game.

Middlesbrough 0 - 1 Aston Villa
Rudy Gestede (8)
Another 3 points on the board against a team i was hoping we could score a few more against but a win is a win. That man Gestede on the scoresheet again taking his tally to for the season.

Watford 2 - 1 Aston Villa
Rudy Gestede (49)
Another loss to Watford this season is disappointing even more so in the league with us needing to pick up as many early points as possible this campaign. Gestede did score another making him our joint top scorer with Jordan Ayew for the season.

Aston Villa 2 -1 Norwich
Jordan Ayew (PEN 35)
Aly Cissokho (86)
3 points on the board and a solid victory over a strong norwich side. A winner coming from an unlikely hero in the form of Aly Cissokho ensured we came away with maximum points

View attachment 156311

View attachment 156310

so quick question before i post a new update later. I've just been offered the everton job do i attend the interview or stay with villa??

so quick question before i post a new update later. I've just been offered the everton job do i attend the interview or stay with villa??
It's just been one season so I'd say stay with Villa for now considering you based your story around them :) in the end though it's all about putting out updates and content that you enjoy making so if you think you'd have more fun at Everton, then I'd say go ahead with the interview (besides, you're not even guaranteed to get the job! ;) )

View attachment 155016

Fixtures

Aston Villa 0 - 3 Liverpool
A poor performance added to a disappointing defeat against a Liverpool side that wasn't very strong with them choosing to field a number of youngsters. All in all a bad day at the office.

Man Utd 2 - 0
Back to back defeats against top sides shows that we may have ridden our luck against premier league giants in the past. However i never really headed in to Old Trafford expecting to get anything.

West Brom 1 - 0 Aston Villa
A loss against one of our fierce local rivals makes it 3 defeats on the bounce. What makes the defeat even worse was the fact we managed to create 5 clear cut chances and stick none in the back of the net.

Aston Villa 1 - 0 Arsenal
Rudy Gestede (84)
A 1 nil win against arsenal has finally ended our bad run of form lately a goal from mr reliable Rudy Gestede ensured we took all 3 points.

Chelsea 3 - 0 Aston Villa
And just like that we were knocked straight back down to reality with a 3 nil loss to chelsea. This tough run of games has been ruthless with us only taking 3 points from our last 4 games in the prem.

West Ham 3 - 2 Aston Villa
Pazzini (2)
Adama Traore (79)
A disappointing loss against a West Ham team that I really expected to take all 3 points from. Payet and a Enner Valencia double sealed our fate and condemned us to a loss.

Aston Villa 2 - 2 Bournemouth
Pazzini (48)
Rudy Gestede (50)
2 goals in 2 minutes was not enough to take all 3 points against Bournemouth thanks to a Callum Wilson double for the visitors. A disappointing result in which i felt we dropped 2 points as opposed to gaining a point.

Aston Villa 0 - 1 Stoke
Another disappointing defeat to a team in which again I really expected us to take all 3 points instead we were left stunned by a kiyotake goal in the first half. A really disappointing result and were going to need to start picking up some points before we see ourselves slip down the table.

Aston Villa 1 - 0 Swansea
Giampoalo Pazzini(66)
My prayers were answered in the form of Pazzini scoring the goal to give us a 1 nil win against Swansea and ensure we took all 3 points that were on offer. We seem to be a lot less prolific than we were last season but we did just enough for the win.

** On a side note i attended the interview for the Everton job but was overlooked by Bill Kenwright as his preferred man was Teemu Tainio**

View attachment 155001

View attachment 154757

Transfers
Sergi Gomez - (CB - LOAN) Having conceded a lot of goals this season the first move that I decided to make was for ball playing centre back Sergi Gomez from Man Utd even though he is only with us on loan this could work out to be a key signing for the season and give us some much quality depth to the squad.

Pedrag Rajkovic - (GK - TRANSFER) I know we bought in Begovic at the start of the season and we already had Guzan and Mark Bunn as keepers but the young wonderkid was available for £3million and was an absolute steal. Hopefully with some game time this season he will improve and shortly become our number 1.

Andre Dozzell - (CM - TRANSFER) This signing was looking toward the future with players like Nocerino, Gueye and Westwood all over the age of 25 Dozzell comes in looking to learn from them before he eventually replaces them in the first team line up. Hopefully with some game time this season and under the tutelage of Nocerino he will grow and develop to become a key player for us.

Michael Endresen - (CM - TRANSFER) Now this transfer was a mistake i bought him in for 75k because one of my scouts recommended him to be a future 4.5 star player however i didn't notice that the scout report was from last season and when i finally completed the move he went from 4.5 stars potential down to 2.5 stars.

Andraz Sporar - (ST - TRANSFER) And our final signing of the window was our most expensive one in the form of Andraz Sporar. He cost a whopping £6.5 million and we beat some big teams to his signature. Hopefully he will add some much needed goals into our team.

**two main players left our team in the form of jed steer and jores okore none of whom had played an awful lot under my management so i let them go ***

Fixtures

Leeds Utd 1 - 3 Aston Villa (FA CUP 3rd Round)
Aly Cissokho (23)
Ryan Gauld (33)
Jordan Ayew (49)
A solid win against Championship side Leeds. Although they went 1 nil up against us they also recieved a red card in the 18th minute and from that point we were never going to lose. And we are through to the next round of the cup.

Hull 3 - 2 Aston Villa
Scott Sinclair (58)
Sergi Gomez (81)
A terrible result against a side who i really expected us to beat and put a few goals past them but for whatever reason we just can never seem to get the job done against lower ranked teams. A disspointing performance to go with a disappointing result.

Aston Villa 0 - 3 Man City
A defeat against City see us pick up back to back defeats as well as conceding a few goals. Yaya Toure was on form for City and grabbed a brace from midfield and quite frankly it could have been more.

Everton 1 - 3 Aston Villa
Giampoalo Pazzini (15)
Jordan Ayew (45+1 pen, 77)
A vital win against a team that turned me down for their managerial vacancy a few weeks ago. After going 1 nil down courtesy of Miroslav Klose the boys rallied back and ran out emphatic winners. With Jordan Ayew getting a brace for us it sealed a very happy day at the office.

Aston Villa 1 - 0 Chelsea (FA CUP 4th Round)
Giampoalo Pazzini (22)
A very tense 4th round tie saw us host Chelsea. After taking the lead in the 22nd minute not a lot else happened as we held strong and managed to grind out the result and put ourselves into the hat for the next round. Is a lengthy cup run on the cards for us?

Leicester 3 - 1 Aston Villa
Scott Sinclair (69)
Back to reality yet again with a hefty 3 - 1 defeat to Leicester city who sit in the top half of the table. Leicester carved us open a number of times and had Vardy been more clinical it really could have been a demolition by them.

Sunderland 0 - 5 Aston Villa
Jordan Ayew (7, 9)
Pione Sisto (18)
Rudy Gestede (20, 23)
Talking about matches being a demolition thats exactly what happened when we visited the Stadium of light to face sunderland. five goals in the opening 25 minutes for us ensured that we were always going to walk away as victors and it also helped our goal difference alot.

Aston Villa 0 - 1 Tottenham
After emphatically beating Sunderland i thought that we were finally beginning to hit our stride however tottenham made sure they put a swift stop to that. We did deserve at least a point out of this match but Hugo Lloris put in a man of the match performance and denied all 3 of our clear cut chances.

Mk Dons 2 - 1 Aston Villa (FA CUP 5th Round)
Alejandro Arribas (68)
And there goes our dreams of a lengthy cup run. A disappointing result seeing as we had just barged our way past Chelsea in order to get this far. Even though a few players were rested I still expected them to do a job over the Dons.

Aston Villa 1 - 1 Middlesbrough
Jordan Ayew (48)
Another disappointing result we still took a point but we really deserved to take all 3 against the premier leagues bottom side. A goal from Jordan Ayew spared our blushes as Middlesbrough took the lead however we couldn't generate enough momentum to get a seoncd goal.

Dervby 2 - 0 Aston Villa
So this result sealed a double by Derby over us this season. A bitterly disappointing result as these are the sorts of teams we should be beating. With not many games left to go we need to pick up some points from somewhere if we want to push for top half even Europa League.

View attachment 154756

View attachment 154296

Fixtures
Aston Villa 3 - 2 Watford
Rudy Gestede (26)
Jordan Ayew (53)
Ryan Gauld (87)
A great 3 points against a very strong Watford side that was pushing top half of the table and challenging for the Europa League Gauld made a fantastic impact off the bench scoring with his first touch to give us the win.

Norwich 3 - 4 Aston Villa
Giampoalo Pazzini (11, 27, 46)
Jack Grealish (39)
Micah Richards (S/O 49)
Micah Richards sending off nearly cost us all 3 points. After going 4 nil up he decided to get a straight red and from the Norwich scored 3 goals. Really sloppy play from the club captain which on another day could have seen us drop points.

Aston Villa 2 - 1 Man Utd
Jordan Ayew (81)
Andre Sporar (85)
A great win at Home to giants Man Utd and a first goal for our January signing Andre Sporar from the bench ended up nicking the win and all 3 points to keep our push for top half alive.

Liverpool 2 - 0 Aston Villa
Liverpool's win here saw us lose our first game after 3 wins on the bounce. Disappointing result and nothing much of note happened from our point. A terrible showing.

Arsenal 6 - 1 Aston Villa
Giampoalo Pazzini (90+2)
A very very harsh result and the worse thing is that Arsenal could have had so many more on another day. A truly dismal showing on our part and possible our worst performance under my management. SHOCKING!

Aston Villa 2 - 1 West Brom
Alejandro Arribas (36)
Rudy Gestede (70)
We managed to bounce back from the horror defeat at Arsenal to claim a vital 2-1 win over one of our fiercest rivals in the form of West brom with a Gestede winner proving enough to get the job done.

Aston Villa 1 - 1 Chelsea
Jordan Ayew (36)
A very credible draw against a Chelsea side that is challenging for Europe. Jordan Ayew finding the net for the first time in a few games sent us 1 nil up until willian managed to salvage a point for chelsea.

Aston Villa 2 - 0 West Ham
Andre Sporar (54, 59)
Super Sub Andre managed to bag a brace and get us the win. After taking a few games to find his feet he certainly seems to have no trouble hitting tha back of the net of late and the 2 goals will do his confidence wonders.

Bournemouth 0 - 1 Aston Villa
Rudy Gestede (83)
With the game looking like it was heading to be a boring 0 - 0 draw Gestede smashes home a volley to give us the win and relegate Bournemouth. Tough break for Bournemouth but we need to pick up every point we can get.

Stoke 2 - 1 Aston Villa
Jordan Ayew (69)
A disappointing defeat to end the season off as we were just going through one of our better patches of form through the season. Jordan Ayew rescued a goal for us but we just couldn't get another and in the end Stoke defended the lead.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/493519287284936193/D5DC277955415493AE9C732D00258FF04AE76117/

***Aston Villa Team Awards***
So new summer signing Dominic Iorfa won fans player of the year for us with last year's winner Adama Traore coming in as a close second place. He was also regarded as our best signing that we made this season. Things seem to be on the up for the youngster.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/493519287284936659/7F62EFDFB5F66855660777C9D42CAE79AA9037EC/

http://images.akamai.steamuserconte...144/1B972FF6E7D414D0CB3A5B48775FE081425AC8C3/

Transfer Update To Follow