Im having an issue trying to play fm 2013 as i click on the desktop link and the steam games link and get the same message. Steam error failed to start game app is already running when it clearly isn't. when i try to sign out of steam it says please close football manager 2013 when it isn't open.

just got a new laptop and got steam on it and its saying i have not got fm13 when i had it on old laptop dont know what to do no way i paying again for it not a sniff

simple and maybe stupid question. If i have a saved game and steam updates fm, do i lose my saved game? or it allows me to continue playing? thanks in advanced

Steam will not update FM to the new patch, have restarted steam, FM, and my laptop, tried uninstalling FM. Is there a way of updating manually or is there a fix?

I'm not sure if my question might have been answered before...
I am experiencing problems with my internet at home, so I thought i could play FM in offline mode. I disabled my router and tried starting FM. It then tries to connect to steam and then gives a connection error with 2 options. Retry connection or start in offline mode, so I select offline mode, it then tells me could not connect to steam network. Is there anything I'm missing? How can I play offline until I manage to fix my internet connection?

Hello

I am having trouble with a online game I am having with my friend over Steam, It worked fine one day, but today when I tried to find it, the game name field was blank even though I could see what the game was there, and if i tried to join it crashed my game.

I tried checking the file cache, restarting steam and my computer and checked open ports to resolve, but no luck.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks

- Stuart

(Image for reference)

View attachment 304068

This has happened a few times and now I've had enough.
The senario is -

I play in offline mode always because I have no active broadband connection, I take my laptop to work and put steam into online mode to get the patches, then back to offline mode. So I can play at home.

Currently been in offline mode since the last update, I have no need to put steam in online mode untill the patch but...

Finished playing last night, shut down as usual, just got in from work stated up laptop clicked FM13 and I'm once again presented with this-

Unable to connect to the steam network
Offline mode is unavailable because there is no steam log in information stored on this computer.
You will not be able to use steam untill you can connect to the steam network again.

Good one! Seeing as it's been in offline mode because I dont have an Internet connection, I won't be going online to connect to steam will I?

The second brilliant thing is I can see my user name for steam for a split second before I get this error message although 'there is no steam log in information stored on this computer'

What is this crock of **** and how do I fix/prevent this from happening again because it is ****** frustrating?

Deleting the client reg does nothing.

Guess its CM 01/02 tonight then!

This has happened a few times and now I've had enough.
The senario is -

I play in offline mode always because I have no active broadband connection, I take my laptop to work and put steam into online mode to get the patches, then back to offline mode. So I can play at home.

Currently been in offline mode since the last update, I have no need to put steam in online mode untill the patch but...

Finished playing last night, shut down as usual, just got in from work stated up laptop clicked FM13 and I'm once again presented with this-

Unable to connect to the steam network
Offline mode is unavailable because there is no steam log in information stored on this computer.
You will not be able to use steam untill you can connect to the steam network again.

Good one! Seeing as it's been in offline mode because I dont have an Internet connection, I won't be going online to connect to steam will I?

The second brilliant thing is I can see my user name for steam for a split second before I get this error message although 'there is no steam log in information stored on this computer'

What is this crock of **** and how do I fix/prevent this from happening again because it is ****** frustrating?

Deleting the client reg does nothing.

Guess its CM 01/02 tonight then!

Got this exact same problem... have you fixed it? It's doing my head in!!!

When I click steam it tries to update, and then goes on to not be able to connect... Can anyone help?!

Got this exact same problem... have you fixed it? It's doing my head in!!!

Nah m8 did the same thing I always do, took it to work the next day, connected to steam, went offline and it works again.
The stupid thing is it says I have "no user info" yet I don't need to enter any to get onto steam (the next day at work).
****** me off because I know it will happen again when I most want to play it, which is everyday!!

For me, its when Steam looks to update its client. Then I cant play FM until I have done this

Actually i did notice when connecting to steam after this happens it does a quick update, but I'm offline (??) because I have no connections at home!
This happens about once a month, it's not alot but it's too much as I play everyday, to be fair it's the only day my mrs gets anything out of me other than a grunt!

Hi, does anyone know how long a steam update should take? Mine has been "checking for steam updates" for over an hour which is very frustrating as I cant access steam or FM2013. Any help/advice?

Hi, does anyone know how long a steam update should take? Mine has been "checking for steam updates" for over an hour which is very frustrating as I cant access steam or FM2013. Any help/advice?

Shouldnt take any longer than 5-10 minutes m8 mines done that ok with no probs.

Can anyone help, I keep getting crash dumps very frustrating to say the least, it just keeps coming up with an error box saying it has encounter a serious problem with FM

When i click steam or fm 2013 icon on my desk to nothing is happening, never had this before can anyone please help

same error here ".dmp" i been playing for months and yesterday this problem came up...i have updated the game today but still the same. what is happening?

i been on this for the last 6-7 hours, finally some progress. it's from neoseekercom forum

"Open Steam and access your Games Library
- Right-click on Football Manager 2013-> Properties -> General -> Set Launch Options
- Type this in the box: -small_screen -windowed
- Click on OK, close the window and launch FM13 through Steam"

it's working for now. hope it continues