donshaggy

Reaction score
this is got to be the most frustrating installation ever. i have spent pretty much all weekend trying to install the game. I get the whole idea of trying to stop piracy but if all you can do is install the game online? what about those of us with terrible internet speeds or people with no internet at all? i am sure this argument must have raged on from when the game came out but i have really just got time to play now and its just really annoying if you'd ask me.

You don't have to download it from Steam. You can still purchase a physical copy the game and install it from there.

Yeah you can still install the game from the DVD. All you need Steam for is to be online one to activate it. From then on Steam can be put into offline mode and you will never need to have an Internet connection to play FM after that.

I tried to insatll it from the disc and it just installed steam first and then this whole process after that, its installed now i believe anyway. i have always hated steam but seems like i've gotta make do with it now :(