dpo1981

Reaction score
I have an issues which I dont know if there is a way around it or not.

I have 2 laptops, one for work and other for home use, I also have a PC which I use at home occasionally. I have installed FM10 using steam on all 3 systems and it all works fine apart from one thing which is really bugging me.

If I start a game on one of the systems, then save it, I am unable to load that same game on steam on one of my other systems? Is this normal or is there a way around this as I am having to run 3 different games at the moment rather than just one. I am running it to level 10 although I have also saved games for epl teams not including level 10 and they dont show up on any of the other systems either.

I have searched these forums and also on the steam forums and I cant find anything which relates to this problem. I would really like to know if there is a way around this problem or if this is just the norm for the game as its driving me mental!

thanks all!

The games you save are saved under My Documents, so you'd have to move it from one PC to another in order to continue playing it.

My apologies for sounding ignorant but how would this be done? just save game in my docs and then use usb flash drive to move this file and put in my docs on other system? would i have to do thsie verytime i saved it on one to move to another?

My apologies for sounding ignorant but how would this be done? just save game in my docs and then use usb flash drive to move this file and put in my docs on other system? would i have to do thsie verytime i saved it on one to move to another?

Yes I'm afraid that's the only way to do it. Saved games are stored on each local machine and not on any sort of server (which would be handy). I'm the same, I play on 2 different machines and have to copy my saved game over every time.

Your saved game are located in....

Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\games

thanks all! i feel like smashing it sometimes! in theory could I attach the file in an email after each save so that I can then just add it to whatever system i am on therefore continuing the same game? would be easier attaching file in email than having to use flash drives etc.

Yes you can attach it in an email too. Just whatever way is easiest for you.

thanks for the advice! i have to keep up my march through level 10! or at the moment the slow tedious plod through the mire of inconsistent incapable neanderthols!