chrismonc87

Reaction score
Hi all is there away to only instal it through steam then play without logging into steam cause every time i play i have it loads steam up even though i bought the game on CD and also is it possible to put the files on external hard drive as thats where i play FM from, as when i instal it it doesn't ask where i want to install the files to.
Chris

Going 'Offline' is the only other suggestion I have mate. I downloaded FM via steam so I always have it on. Hopefully someone else on here knows what to do

Do you mean whenever you want to play FM, you have to log into Steam?

I also bought a disk version, I just click to the FM2012 desktop icon and that's it.

Hi all is there away to only instal it through steam then play without logging into steam cause every time i play i have it loads steam up even though i bought the game on CD and also is it possible to put the files on external hard drive as thats where i play FM from, as when i instal it it doesn't ask where i want to install the files to.
Chris

Fm will be installed into your Steam directory. So to change where you install FM you need to move your Steam directory. It's very easy to do, just follow these steps...

1. Log out and exit Steam
  2. Navigate to the folder where Steam is installed (by default: C:\Program Files\Steam\)
  3. Delete all of the files and folders except the SteamApps folder and Steam.exe
  4. Cut and paste your Steam folder to the new location, for example: D:\Games\Steam\
  5. Launch Steam
  6. Steam will briefly update and then you will be ready to play
  7. All future game content will be downloaded to the new folder D:\Games\Steam\Steamapps\

Warning:
It is highly recommended that you create a backup of your SteamApps folder before attempting this process. Neglecting to do so may result in a loss of all of your game content should something go wrong.

yeah was made clearly that you could instal and activate then thats it no need for steam