Status
Not open for further replies.

AdamArsenal

Reaction score
Hi,
I was forwarded this email from a friend who was scammed by this email,
THIS IS ONLY FOR STEAM USERS!!!

Hi there, this is Greg Coomer.
I'm the head of communications at Valve.
http://www.valvesoftware.com/people.html
We have recently been detecting more than 1 user IP connecting to your Steam account, which is illegal.
This means that we are going to block all IP's from connecting to your Steam account.
We can however, if requested by the owner, allow his or her IP only to connect to the account.
If you are the owner of the account, and would like to be able to continue connecting to it, reply to this e-mail with the following information, in the following format:

Name:
Steam Account Name:
Steam Password:
E-Mail address:

NOTE: Ensure that the e-mail address you enter, is the e-mail address which you have registered your Steam account with.

Details will be automatically checked with our database, If the information that you've entered is correct, you are the proven owner of the account and your IP address will be allowed to connect.

If no reply is recieved, all IP connections to your account will be blocked as of Monday 20th December 2010.

Valve is a fictional company but i thought I would let everyone on here know about it.
Cheers.

Hi,
I was forwarded this email from a friend who was scammed by this email,
THIS IS ONLY FOR STEAM USERS!!!

Hi there, this is Greg Coomer.
I'm the head of communications at Valve.
http://www.valvesoftware.com/people.html
We have recently been detecting more than 1 user IP connecting to your Steam account, which is illegal.
This means that we are going to block all IP's from connecting to your Steam account.
We can however, if requested by the owner, allow his or her IP only to connect to the account.
If you are the owner of the account, and would like to be able to continue connecting to it, reply to this e-mail with the following information, in the following format:

Name:
Steam Account Name:
Steam Password:
E-Mail address:

NOTE: Ensure that the e-mail address you enter, is the e-mail address which you have registered your Steam account with.

Details will be automatically checked with our database, If the information that you've entered is correct, you are the proven owner of the account and your IP address will be allowed to connect.

If no reply is recieved, all IP connections to your account will be blocked as of Monday 20th December 2010.

Valve is a fictional company but i thought I would let everyone on here know about it.
Cheers

http://www.valvesoftware.com/

Valve is not fictional. Valve are the makers of Steam, the Half Life series, Left4Dead 1 and 2 ect. ect.

Regardless, Valve are never going to ask you for you username and password. How stupid do you have to be to reply to an email like this? ;)

Sorry, My mistake. And true, how stupid must you be to reply to it :)

Valve are legit, its just the person who sent you the email obviously isnt?

All game companies already stated that they will never ask a person's account password.
Why do you believe it?

yeah valve ARE steam :) and its the same as any other scam email, DONT SEND ANYBODY YOUR EMAIL AND PASSWORD!!! :)

Standard phishing email, if you fall for it you deserve the consequences.

Derp.
Valve are genuine.

And the whole idea behind steam is that you can play your games anyhere in the world on as many computers, and as many IP addresses as you want.

Whoever got scammed by this probably needs to get clued up a bit more.

Reminds me of the time someone whispered me on my Runescape account saying i had a virus on it and they needed my password to remove it XD

Thanks for alerting us all but it's pretty obvious its fake.

I can't beleive the way some people treat others on this forum. I am kind of over everybody calling people stupid because they don't know as much as you. You are not perfect...

And now I wait for the abuse of me.... :(

I can't beleive the way some people treat others on this forum. I am kind of over everybody calling people stupid because they don't know as much as you. You are not perfect...

And now I wait for the abuse of me.... :(

No-one is absuing anyone, they are just saying it's a bit stupid to fall for a phishing email, even the OP agreed.

Seriously, what idiot would fall for this. Such a basic idea yet people still fall for it.

Valve is real.
Valve employees will never ask for your username or password.
These type of scams have been around for years.

PS. Hotmail is closing down.

Status
Not open for further replies.