Kevaldo09

Reaction score
Just a quick question I think I already know the answer is no but, you when you first start a save before an update via steam. Does the update get applied to that saved game? I'm guessing no right because you would have to start a new save for the changes to take affect?

The only reason why I'm asking is because I'm sick of the match engine doing stupid things e.g. My winger being at the corner flag and just before he crosses he decided to give it to me full back who then decides to cross it in from the halfway line.

Thanks Kev

The update will be applied to your game if the update consists of no database changes, if the update includes database changes such as January transfers, you will need to start a new save.

Changes to the ME will be applied to your save.

Right, so from the updates so far I'm guessing they have not fixed the match engine because its still unrealistic, i'm getting sick of playing the game now tho.

I always play in 2D mode to avoid those bugs, plus I actually prefer 2D mode as I have played it on all of them since 2005.

If someone scores an amazing goal though I will watch the replay in 3D

No that shouldn't make a difference if its 2d or 3d. The same issues will still apply to the AI and ME. I've just played a game at Fulham and lost 2-0 had 20 shots to there 3 and they had 1 on target. WTF..

Erm the ME seems fine for me man in 2D, never see the issues people have with the 3D, obviously I can't confirm this, but the ME seems fine for me in 2D

No that shouldn't make a difference if its 2d or 3d. The same issues will still apply to the AI and ME. I've just played a game at Fulham and lost 2-0 had 20 shots to there 3 and they had 1 on target. WTF..

Exactly. People who think they avoid ME bugs because they play in 2D fail to realize that exactly because they're playing in 2D, they can't see what's actually going on. They're just seeing some round dots moving about, which makes it alot harder, or even impossible, to see what's really going on.

Take the centre-backs for example, who often side-step when they should be running back in full speed. This will be impossible to spot when watching in 2D. You can't avoid ME bugs by watching in 2D, or by using only commentary. The ME bugs are just a visualization of the bugs, it's not like the bugs go away by switching to a different view mode.

Exactly. People who think they avoid ME bugs because they play in 2D fail to realize that exactly because they're playing in 2D, they can't see what's actually going on. They're just seeing some round dots moving about, which makes it alot harder, or even impossible, to see what's really going on.

Take the centre-backs for example, who often side-step when they should be running back in full speed. This will be impossible to spot when watching in 2D. You can't avoid ME bugs by watching in 2D, or by using only commentary. The ME bugs are just a visualization of the bugs, it's not like the bugs go away by switching to a different view mode.

Well like I said I cannot confirm it, but I honestly have no issues with it, maybe I am lucky. But when I rewatch the goals in 3D it seems fine to.

Well like I said I cannot confirm it, but I honestly have no issues with it, maybe I am lucky. But when I rewatch the goals in 3D it seems fine to.

Well, alot of the bugs have been (partially) fixed, so I'm not having too many issues with it either, apart from the occasional stupid decisions made by the players. And yeah, you could be lucky. My point was just that watching a game in 2D or only commentary won't relieve you of the bugs, but it might decrease your frustration :p

I'm just starting to see my backside with this game at the moment, too many daft moves/decisions made by my defense. I can almost predict when the opposition are going to score against me, they play like barca for about 10 passes then play an awesome through ball and keeper usually dives over the ball or get beat at his near post.