zindrinho

Reaction score
I've tried changing the updates from always keep this game up to date to only update this game when I launch it,
but I'm still experiencing problems with FM shutting down and a crash dump being created and steam telling me its either installing FM or FM15 is "syncing".

How do I keep this from happening? Its so annoying when I've forgotten to save, and the game crashes.
I've even started logging off the internet while playing FM but it doesnt seem to help much.

Anyone else experiencing problems like these, please help me I'm so frustrated right now :mad:

It's not supposed to just "shut down", so there's obviously something wrong. Have you tried to verify the integrity of game cache to see if some files are missing? You could also turn on auto-save, so that you minimize the loss of progress if it does crash.

"3 files failed to validate and will be reaquired" was the message I got after trying to verify integrity of game cache.
Only option was to press close, so I did it, but nothing more seems to happen now.

I turned off the check box for "enable steam cloud synchronization for FM15, but it said 0 bytes of 953mb anyway.
this was under fm - properties - updates - steam cloud. I dont know whether that have any effect or not.

But back to the game cache do I need to reaquire those 3 files my self?

EDIT; I ran the verify game cache again and it said everything was fine now. Does this mean my problem should go away for now
or was those 3 files because FM had shut down 3 times since last time I started Steam?

Last edited:
The files failing to validate are reacquired automatically. Why they failed to validate is impossible to know.

Okay, thank you for the help!
So your game does not shut off whenever it "syncs" or installs an update?

I really hope it wont happen again, but if it does I'll bump this thread with another rage attack.

My game crashes once a week or so..

I play in offline mode, so I don't have any updates installing while I'm ingame. But it's not supposed to shut down anyway, hopefully it's fixed now.