Steam wont start FM2012. With added logos. Help needeed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyper

Reaction score
Hi Fellow Managers around the world.

After installing all the logo's and they worked last night.
I was unable start FM2012 today. Steam said "This game is currently unavailable".
I tried everything that steam told me to.
But ultimately i had to remove the logo's... Is this the price of being pushed over to steam. That you cant create your own stuff?. Or does someone know the magic way around it..?

I had logos for England, Germany, France & Portugal.
Installed like this.
\data\graphics\pictures\logos -> then i made a dir for each country.
example: \data\graphics\pictures\logos\England -> Large
Small
It worked while i played last night.

When trying to open the game today. I got the error. After removing the data dir. It worked again :(

What can i do to fix it?

Kind Regards Hyper Manager @ Tottenham Hotspurs :)

Don't think it has to do with the logos mate. Most of us had this problem recently because of the latest FM2012 patch.

Try this - should work:

1. Load Steam
2. From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu
3. Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game cache... button
4. Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes
5. Once the process is completed, FM2012 will download the latest patch/update and then you can play. Should only take a couple of minutes.

Regards - Anthony YNWA

Don't think it has to do with the logos mate. Most of us had this problem recently because of the latest FM2012 patch.

Try this - should work:

1. Load Steam
2. From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu
3. Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game cache... button
4. Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes
5. Once the process is completed, FM2012 will download the latest patch/update and then you can play. Should only take a couple of minutes.

Regards - Anthony YNWA

Hi LFC Rules.
Thank you for your answer.
I did all the things above, and some more. And the game just wouldnt start. It came up with a error. And made a crash dump.
Then i tried to to move the data dir. And then it worked.

But maybe it was because od the patch.

Im trying to load the logos and restart the game. Will return with the result. :)

It's nothing to do with steam. Ensure all the logos you have are .png. format and not .PNG

If the game is currently unavailable it is for one of two reasons.

Because steam is updating it for you. You must be in online mode with the internet connected to allow steam to do this. So anyone who is getting this message for more than a few minutes either has an incredibly slow internet connection (update took 2 minutes for me on a 5 meg connection) or they are not connected to the internet, or steam is in offline mode.

You have opened steam in online mode without an internet connection. Steam must register and sync with the servers before you enter offline mode and play the game without the internet connected. To prevent this problem in future, open steam with your internet connection on, switch to offline mode and then never close steam again.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2012-technical-help/85266-steam-help-thread.html
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...-dumps-failed-set-up-graphics-xml-errors.html

Status
Not open for further replies.