Steed Malbranque

PafcLad

Reaction score
Steed Malbranque, who notably played in the Premier League for Fulham, Tottenham and Sunderland, has retired aged 31.
Malbranque left Sunderland at the end of last season and moved back to France by signing a two-year contact at St Etienne. However, just 30 days later, after just one game, Malbranque has quit.

His reasoning behind the decision is his son is suffering from cancer and Malbranque wants to support his son. On a personal note, I think that's a top decision and I hope his son beats cancer and makes a full recovery!

Shame not a bad player. I hope his son makes a quick and full recovery. That's no age to have cancer.

I heard that its also because his Dad's constant pressure on him throughout his career has finally come to a head

Top player, Top guy and now top dad. Respect the guy and wish the best for his family

Legend of the game in my eyes, really hope his son will be okay. Shame he had to retire at a reasonably young age :wub:

Unfortunate that his career ended so abruptly but I wish him all the best and his son.

Gutted for Steed as I had a soft spot for him, but even more gutted for his son. Wishing best for both.

Feel so bad for him, Always liked him when he was at Fulham!

All the best to him and his son, wish his son a speedy recovery!

However, retiring from football is abit extreme, he's only 31, and he could have just took time off..

Can't be knocked as a player and now proved he is a top bloke

marklangdon Mark Langdon

Press Association issues statement from steed malbranque's agent to say he doesn't have a son and all his immediate family in good health.

Sounds like some sick little **** likes to start sick stories. *****.

What the **** is going on. If it's a rumour, whoever started it needs their ******* head checked the little ****.

This is weird. Such a widespead and widely-believed story, too...

Sounds like some sick little **** likes to start sick stories. *****.

What the **** is going on. If it's a rumour, whoever started it needs their ******* head checked the little ****.

I do love the profanity-laced little asides from Liverpool corner. ;)