Step by step guide to creating a tactic using Tactic Creator

Igneos I'm not going to bash you like others did, you may have some good points and I appreciate any idea to beat the ME and eventually re-affirm the power of Man over Machine...

Still I can't agree on some other points:

- short passing is generally good, but you need to take advantage of good passers and effective connections on the pitch (e.g. full-backs to winger/striker long pass down the flank, which works great with right players)

- press more can really destroy the balance of your team sometimes so I wouldn't suggest that as a rule

- hard tackling should never be the default setting, but can be useful against in some occasions (I like having fullbacks on hard tackling against skilled but diminutive wingers)

- using different strategies has been a key for me in every career, especially playing away. To say that "counter attack is useless" is simply WRONG, I achieved a number of unlikely results thanks to that. In my experience counter is actually a beast in this game...

I've led my San Marino team from C2 to serie A (italy) and every season I had to change tactics and strategies according to new players, new reputation, new division and new standard of football. I think that since serie B season I couldn't have won a single away game without using counter strategy.

That is just my experience, and I'm actually curious about your own tactic. You haven't changed that since your very first season? Can you upload it so we can have a look?

agreed, but I never suggested anything as being wrong. As always, the better players you have, the tactics need to be changed in order to maximize your success. My only statement is that my suggestions work with every team, and will get you max out of worst teams that exist. If you have better players, it's only logical you change your tactic accordingly. I cannot upload my tactic, because I have changed it. As stated above, your player roles and duties need to be a match to your currently selected player attributes. I have also explained how to do that. And I have changed that according to players I had at my disposal prior to every match. Tactic can be easily created with my above instructions, so give it a go if you will...

What a load of old ****!

Don't use direct play, always set to very fluid... what is this rubbish? I don't pretend to be an expert on these things (though I consider myself at least reasonably accomplished) but even I know that every team has its own style that works best. Playing the same tactic with every team just won't work as well as some others could. Playing a rigid, direct, deep game with a team like Exeter is more likely to yield results than playing a very fluid, short passing, high pressing 4-3-3. Likewise, using a rigid, direct game with Barca is not utilising them to their full potential.

Usually, I'd go through and point out all of your errors, but I don't have the time because there are so many. Also, try to sort out your problem with the word "ergo". You seem to be using it in an attempt to seem intelligent, and it is failing miserably.

The worst thing about this is that some newb might see this thread and assume you are right, and that they must play like this, and ONLY like this.

What a load of old ****!

Don't use direct play, always set to very fluid... what is this rubbish? I don't pretend to be an expert on these things (though I consider myself at least reasonably accomplished) but even I know that every team has its own style that works best. Playing the same tactic with every team just won't work as well as some others could. Playing a rigid, direct, deep game with a team like Exeter is more likely to yield results than playing a very fluid, short passing, high pressing 4-3-3. Likewise, using a rigid, direct game with Barca is not utilising them to their full potential.

Usually, I'd go through and point out all of your errors, but I don't have the time because there are so many. Also, try to sort out your problem with the word "ergo". You seem to be using it in an attempt to seem intelligent, and it is failing miserably.

The worst thing about this is that some newb might see this thread and assume you are right, and that they must play like this, and ONLY like this.

I assume you haven't even read what I wrote? Or read the replies? Or learned to read with comprehension, for that matter? Well, when you do, please post again, because I also find my time prescious.

The man just presented the way he managed to achieve great things in this game, that's all. His only problem is that his presented it in a this-is-the-holy-bible style, which ****** off many people here.
There are obviously many other ways you can dominate the game, but his way is just as good as any other stated in similar guides all over the Net.

The man just presented the way he managed to achieve great things in this game, that's all. His only problem is that his presented it in a this-is-the-holy-bible style, which ****** off many people here.
There are obviously many other ways you can dominate the game, but his way is just as good as any other stated in similar guides all over the Net.

I just find that amusing....had a really good laugh a couple of times

I assume you haven't even read what I wrote? Or read the replies? Or learned to read with comprehension, for that matter? Well, when you do, please post again, because I also find my time prescious.

I saw what you wrote quite well, thank you, and really right now you deserve nothing more than scorn, especially considering you're criticising my ability to read when you can't even spell the word "precious". However, I will quote directly what you wrote.

If you are managing a good club with good players, you need to choose a tactic that will be with wide players.
Don't worry about your players having to much creativity, if you are managing a weak club, your players are dumb enough as it is without you making things worse by playing rigid, and set this setting to very fluid
Passing should be set to shorter, no matter what kind of team you are managing. (and the rest of the stuff in the "Playing Style" section, for that matter
Now standard strategy is the best to employ.
All of this is not only complete ****, but it's OPINIONATED complete ****. What you're doing here is basically telling everyone how to set up a team the way YOU like it, not the way that will actually help them. This isn't a step by step guide to anything except "The step by step guide to playing FM like me". I'm not going to consider your replies to other people, because an OP should be logical and detailed enough to stand up on its own without help, and yours clearly doesn't. Also:

First of all, game appreciates combos.
Hurr. Someone's been reading guides...

Last edited:
It's just ONE OF THE WAYS to be successful, nothing more. Cool off, people.

It's just ONE OF THE WAYS to be successful, nothing more. Cool off, people.

If it is, then he shouldn't be advertising it as the be-all and end-all of tactics, and then steadfastly refuse to admit that he's wrong.

Well if he is talking from a LLM point of view somebody name me a team who are not in their top division that play attractive football. If you are pepe guirdiola the game has to be attractive if you are a manager of a 5 tier team you don't care about that all you need is too win