Stepping down from the big scene

Ravelli

Reaction score
I started this thread for those of us who lsot their motivation with a bigger club and stepped down for a bigger challenge in a smaller club.
Here we can give each other advice or just tell the story, but this is not for those that started a new game with a smaller club, rather those who resigned or jsut switched jobs to a smaller club.

I myself went from Gordeaux were I´ve won everything there is to win (except the FIFA World Cup and Club World Cup) to just promoted Valladolid.
With this move I went from having a transferbudget of just over 50million Euros to 300k Euros:).
And my new club has 21 players some are juniors and I have just 4 days til´the transfer window shuts, mission impossible?

So anyway tell me/us your story of how you rose to a new challenge.

I left Man City after 6 months (it **** with them way to easy) join PNE (not a small club but a step down) having more fun now

ya, they wer cert to get relagated when i took over so it was a bit of a step down :S

I left Man City after 6 months (it **** with them way to easy) join PNE (not a small club but a step down) having more fun now
Yes it sure was from City:). I´m also having much more fun right now, even if I´ll probably loose much more the challenge to succeed with small or no resources makes it more fun. At least when you´ve already managed a big club.

So they were already relegated when you took over? Which division? Which tactic do you use with a smaller team? I try to get older players with routine(the opposite to when I manage a bigger club) because you need it more with the small team and they are often cheap or even free.