Steve Coppell leaves Bristol City

• Thread starter Thread starter CJACKO11
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 36
  • Views Views 3K
Hmm,signed a twelve-month rolling contract,signed David James and then leaves after fourth months in charge...

This would be a bizzare start to a thread in the Stories section, never mind IRL. What on earth? Seems like his heart isn't in it anymore having gone from hotly-tipped mid table Premiership manager down to mid table Championship level.

Woke up, saw this, ****** myself. :D

This is why we love football. Anything can happen.

Stupid, why take the job, sign England's number one, then **** off after 112 days in charge, would have thought better of some one like Coppell.
Seen a Bristol City fan on facebook and they make sense, they must feel like he's a money grabbing ******...

Quite surprised. He's a decent manager as-well.

"I find it weird that he goes from Reading, to there rivals"

Reading, our rivals? Don't be silly. I wouldn't mind letting James go if he wants, we can't even chant 'England's number one' about him anymore. Add to this the fact that he's on double of our next highest earner and I'll pack his bags personally.

Last edited:
I find it weird that he goes from Reading, to there rivals
Reading, our rivals? Don't be silly. I wouldn't mind letting James go if he wants, we can't even chant 'England's number one' about him anymore. Add to this the fact that he's on double of our next highest earner and I'll pack his bags personally.

Thing is, they actually are..

Even check the Reading Information sheet thingy on FM.. (K)

James is gonna go now..

I find it weird that he goes from Reading, to there rivals

Thing is, they actually are..

Even check the Reading Information sheet thingy on FM.. (K)

James is gonna go now..

Your OUR Rivals??

On my list of rivals your quite low down...

Bristol Rovers, Cardiff, Swindon, Swansea, Crystal Palace, Q.P.R, Plymouth, Forest, Yeovil, Cheltnham.... then eventually Reading.

Plus the bloke is hardly gonna care, he played a majority of his footballing career at Man Utd when he was born in Liverpool.

I was surprised. But this will probably hinder Bristol Citys chance for promotion, no disrespect to Mr Millen.

Your OUR Rivals??

On my list of rivals your quite low down...

Bristol Rovers, Cardiff, Swindon, Swansea, Crystal Palace, Q.P.R, Plymouth, Forest, Yeovil, Cheltnham.... then eventually Reading.

Plus the bloke is hardly gonna care, he played a majority of his footballing career at Man Utd when he was born in Liverpool.

You're quite low down on ours aswell.. You're still our rivals though..

I was surprised. But this will probably hinder Bristol Citys chance for promotion, no disrespect to Mr Millen.

We were never promotion candidates anyway. Our defence is non existant and half our first team are injured.

Our rivals are as follows: Rovers and Cardiff.
End of list.

The guy has the spine of a Jellyfish. Not the first time he's done it either.

He has talked players into signing or staying at Bristol City this season then does a runner after 1 league game. Madness.

this man has a huge problem, he was at man city for about a month, and after attracting David James to the club he leaves after one game! Oh well, i didnt think he was better than Gary Johnson anyway

im wondering if there are underlying issues with coppell himself. people in football arent big on talking about their emotional/mental problems until its sadly too late

He was also a massive Liverpool fan and I still think he does support Liverpool.

Our rivals are as follows: Rovers and Cardiff.
End of list.

Cardiff, Swansea, Swindon, Millwall :P

Anyway, my second cousin sent me a text about this. Didn't believe it until I got home (H)
Anyone else reckon Paul Trollope is on his way out of Rovers ?

Back