Steve McClaren resigns as manager of Nottingham Forest

puzzled

Reaction score
Manager Steve McClaren and chairman Nigel Doughty have both resigned from their roles at Championship strugglers Nottingham Forest.
McClaren held a two-hour meeting with Doughty, who will remain as the club's owner, after Sunday's 3-1 defeat against Birmingham at the City Ground.

Your thoughts about McClaren and Doughty?

Last edited:
Well, that's whatever reputation he had left gone

All typical forest fans are going on about O'Neill coming in. That is never ever ever going to happen, he's a more than capable premier league manager, so despite the links he has with forest, I doubt he'll come in, plus he left villa for lack of funds. Forest don't exactly splash the cash all the time.

It's a difficult job for whoever takes over. A club who have been pushing for promotion for the past few seasons, fans who have a (somewhat justified) belief that their team deserve to be playing at a higher level, masses of debt and a chairman unwilling to invest in quality players.

So the rumours were true. Oh well. Didn't help matters by paying Pleat £120,000 for being a PT consultant or whatever, which is absolutely stupid when in bad debt.

Doughty has got small hands in deep pockets, dont let anybody tell you any different.

I'm so glad hes gone - it might mean the rest of the clowns in the backroom get themselves kindly ****** off too, for example Mark Arthur.

McClaren was going to walk anyway. You could tell when he was walking around the ****** pitch against Watford and not sitting with the rest of his team. The man couldn't handle it, and **** knows why. Forest for gods sake, not exactly the job with the most pressure.

The club is on its ****. I just hope we don't get relegated.

I can't believe the people on here it really angers me saying he can't manage! This is the same man who won a domestic t rophy and took a not all that big club to a European title, that's more than hodgson has achieved in England and he's revered as. The 2nd in line to the England job behind redknapp! This is also a man who swallowed his pride and moved to Europe to manage something we always say our own managers should try and won the title with what I believe to be of similar statue to a fulham esc side. He then comes back to an almost impossible job being given no money with a side desperately low on more after their manager walked away from them and having lost out 3 years in a row on promotion that they deserved, and who could he bring in to revamp the club, GEORGE BOATENG! Makes me laugh that some people think just cos he failed with england he is a terrible terrible manager, Sven had mild success but yet he's a multiple national proven winner

Rumours have it Billy Davies is going to come back. There was a protest today at Forest vs Birmingham and a few people singing "Bring Billy back!" He's someone who us supporters would like back and if Doughty's gone there is more of chance after their big fall outs.

I can't believe the people on here it really angers me saying he can't manage! This is the same man who won a domestic t rophy and took a not all that big club to a European title, that's more than hodgson has achieved in England and he's revered as. The 2nd in line to the England job behind redknapp! This is also a man who swallowed his pride and moved to Europe to manage something we always say our own managers should try and won the title with what I believe to be of similar statue to a fulham esc side. He then comes back to an almost impossible job being given no money with a side desperately low on more after their manager walked away from them and having lost out 3 years in a row on promotion that they deserved, and who could he bring in to revamp the club, GEORGE BOATENG! Makes me laugh that some people think just cos he failed with england he is a terrible terrible manager, Sven had mild success but yet he's a multiple national proven winner

he deserves the abuse in fairness. Failed horribly with England (Sven did alright tbh, quarters of every international tournament with England I think) whereas Mcclaren couldn't even qualify. Failed with Wolfsburg who had Dzeko dicking everybody. Then has turned Forest from a promotion chasing team from the last few seasons into relegation candidates. He did well with Boro and ok with Twente but everywhere eles he's been ****