Steven Defour, £25m should i sell ?

Drew9

Reaction score
Im Newcastle United in my 3rd season in the January transfer window. I purchased Steven Defour in the summer for £11m from Standard Liege but now Inter have offerd me £25m less than 6 months later ... left me with a dilemma should i sell and cash in or not ? If so who could i replace him with ? Already have Zucilini, Thiago Neves, Danny Guthrie, Lee Cattermole but most are just squad players, if i sell i'll deffo need to replace, help would be appreciated, thanks in advance :D

quite a bit of muny, if you sell you could look at veloso, kacar and toni kroos, you shud be able to get veloso or kacar for that. ive never been able to sign kroos tho

Yeah im thinking sell him and bring in Veloso who's up for the move after i declared and interest, im also thinking about putting in a cheeky bid for Aaron Ramsey and have enquired about Diego of Werder Bremen. If im lucky i could even get 2 of the 3, Kacar sounds like a good option also though.

Veloso all of a sudden is not so keen on a move and im also bidding for Ignacio Camacho (who's at Liverpool) and Arsenal's Aaron Ramsey, is there anyone else i should be looking at bringing in ? suggestions would be appreciated.

that good offer you must accept that
and you can buy some player like mihai lucian and inler

I would sell defo & buy CSKA Moscows Alan Dzagoev as probably still available. If these are not bought yet, Moutinho, Veloso or Witsel would also be very good

if u sell make sure u can get 2 other people or it is pointless selling

I sold for 25m agreed a 13.5m fee with CSKA Moscow for Alan Dzagoev but just as i offerd a contract Real came in and offerd the same money and snapped him up. I was gutted. Veloso is too exspensive, Moutinho is at Inter and is there vice captain so is basically impossible to sign, Both Aaron Ramsey and Ignacio Camacho aren't interested in a move as they play for Arsenal and Liverpool respectiely. Im completely out of ideas, and to make things worse the new chairman i have didn't give me the full 25m i recieved for Steven Defour. I've had a terrible January transfer window lol :( However i did snap up Federico Laurito for a decent 6m, and am in talks with Andrey Arshavin.
Any ideas on who i should go for in the summer to fill the midfield void ?

marek hamsik, ruben de la red, fernandinho, fellaini? terrible craic not getting any of those players, what happended with kacar?

in 3rd season Adrien from Sporting is Pure Class - take a look at him!

^ adrien is a good player never got going for me, def worth a look at tho

Javier Masherano is a beast, hes the perfect DMC that destroys everything and has high team work.

They wanted 22m for Kacar so that was a no go, Adrien has just left for Lyon for 10m and Mascherano is well and truely out of price range mate lol, would cost about 60m and im Newcastle having to raise funds through player sales as the new chairman wont put his hand in his pocket to make us a consistant title challenging side. I've got Arshavin coming in the summer, got him for 4.5m I think i'll just probably save up for either kacar or if possible Veloso, he would be exspensive though 20+m for deffinate. On a brighter note, Federico Lauritio looks a steal at 6m. Anyone got anymore suggestions for a new midfielder ? prefferably under 18m?

Moutinhno? ****, when did Masherano's value skyrocketted that fast?!?! What about Michael Carrick? Or Nikel Obel? Or Nigel Reo Coker?

Got zuculini mate just need someone to play along side him. Mascherano isn't valued at 60 odd million but Liverpool wouldnt sell for much less or in some cases i've seen even more :| Moutinho would be a class signing but sadly he's Inter's vice captain and would be a very hard signing to make. Maybe Ruben De La Red is more realistic, but is he really capable of being in a side chasing the Premier League and Champions League ? I have my doubts?

Well after buying Arshavin i've only got a few million left so im going to have to wait untill the summer, i think my scout said that around 11m would force them to sell, is he worth that ? Marek Hamsik looks class but he could again be very exspensive couldn't he ? Fernandinho is a possibility i suppose.