Steven Fletcher for 7.5M euros (is a flop?)

hedonist

Reaction score
Hi fellas,

In my Leeds save, I got the title and promoted. Board gave me 23M and so far I got:

GK Alex McCarthy - Reading 3.2M (I wanted an English keeper due to registration problems)
DR Adam Smith - Tothenham (Free)
DC Sebastien Bassong - Norwich 7.5M
DMC Guido Pizarro - Tigres 2.9
MC Jonny Hawson - Norwich 1.2M (I needed Box To Box MCs)
AML Emil Larsen - OB (as IF) 1M
AMC Josue - Porto 2M

For ST pos. I offered 1.9M to Vydra (free agent) , he signed with Udinese again for only 1.2M! :mad:
I offered 2M to Domenico Berardi, he chose Aston Villa (1.5M p/a)!!! (6)

about 7M was left and most reasonable choice looking like Fletcher (transfer listed for 5.5M), I had to pay 1M each to him & his manager to reduce his excessive salary demands.

7 games left he scored only 2 (1 from penalty kick) , team scored only 7 goals in total (but conceded 7 too) I'm very worried now if I made the right choice. He plays as long striker (False 9 & sometimes CF/support)

Should I be patient with him, adapt my tactics for him or sell at next transfer window?

Diego Aspas is avaible for 3.9M now, he looks better to me for False 9 role or perhaps you have better recommendations?

I would imagine Steven Fletcher works best as a poacher rather than a CF and definitely is not a F9 if you have wingers on attack change them to support and make Fletcher a poacher. See how that works out?

Thx mate, I will consider him too.

What about Paulo Dybala? My scout says he's a natural False 9. Is he any good?

@FootballManagerG0D

I use IF's. In 2013, 2 IF's with support role used to work well with alone poacher. This year this is not recommended. What do you think? Should I change my wide men's role to 1 IF/S, 1 W/S to make him play as lone poacher?

get carlos fierro for about 3.5million you should get him, play him as either a poacher/adv forward/false 9.

i havn't found IF that effective, i prefer no wide men apart from the left back and right back and use them as complete wing backs.

@FootballManagerG0D

I use IF's. In 2013, 2 IF's with support role used to work well with alone poacher. This year this is not recommended. What do you think? Should I change my wide men's role to 1 IF/S, 1 W/S to make him play as lone poacher?

Yeah as long as you have good supply so one winger on support if it's a high class winger he should score.