cps100

Reaction score
STEVENAGE FOOTBALL CLUB

"Creating some History"
Hi guys! Firstly this is my first story on FM Base so any feedback is very welcome. I've read a number of stories and really wanted to start my own and hopefully make it enjoyable to read.

The reasons I chose Stevenage are:

• [*=left]They are a lower league team but aren't too far off the Premier League
    [*=left]I have some money to work with
    [*=left]They are a fairly new team, founded in 1976 so I will try to create some great history.
    [*=left]I want a decent challenge
I have a few aims, the first of which is to get to the Premier League in 4/5 seasons and then maybe Europe.

Here we go!

(P.S. I have done a few seasons, about to start my 3rd so the 1st & 2nd will be summarised)​

2012-2013 (1st Season)

2012-2013 Season

So a quick recap on our first season. We had a budget of about £120k and the board were expecting a reasonable league position. (I think we were predicted 12th?)

Firstly I got a players in, as the current squad wasn't too bad but was just in need of strengthening in some areas.

TRANSFERS

View attachment 472311
Got some decent free transfers in; Ben Parker would be first choice left back and David Suazo (hero) was a steal! Did well in the loan market, with Daniel Johnson proving a great addition after making Aston Villa my Parent club. Ronan Finn was also very good too.

LEAGUE TABLE

View attachment 472301
As you can see we had a brilliant season, gaining promotion at the first time of asking! It was quite annoying as we were top for most of the season until the results started to go wrong near the end but we pulled it back with 5 straight wins in our last 5 games.
CUPS

To be honest, we were shocking in both the Capital One and FA Cup. I can't explain why but we just were, though there was one shining moment which was the JPT. We got to the final AND.... lost :/. It was gutting to lose on penalties but we had a good go.

View attachment 472300
So overall a pretty good season, the league was the main focus and we got the rewards with promotion. I'm fairly confident we would equip ourselves well in the Championship.