whenray

Reaction score
I've just finished my first season with Newcastle finishing 6th and winning the league cup which is decent but I was a bit worried at how inconsistent I was at times. What would people suggest I do to improve my main 433/451 tactics? Should I keep it how it is and hope that any transfers I might make will get me into the Champions League next season, change some player roles and/or team instructions to improve my play (suggestions please) or totally start over tactically and hope I don't fail drastically?

I feel like I need to change something because I think it was more down to luck than good tactics, I was often caught out and outclassed against the bigger teams and dropped points against the basement teams more often than I would like. My star players like Ben Arfa and Insigne blew hot and cold and Tiote was terrible all season.

Any suggested changes ahead of my second season will be appreciated as admittedly I'm not the best at making tactics and I'm still living in fear of second season syndrome after FM13, cheers.

View attachment 460981View attachment 460982

if i was you i would change you're striker to poacher and the box to box midfielder into an advanced playmaker on support, especially with that player being honda. you're front men will have alot more support

Will setting my striker to poacher not isolate him too much though?

no i wouldnt say so, give him the player instruction to move into channels, cisse would be a great poacher, only issue i can see with him is his dribbling but you might be about to get away with it. tell you're fullbacks to drill the crosses and cross from byline. do the same with you're wingers unless you wanna keep them as inside forwards