silverke

Reaction score
I am playing FM since championship manager 97/98.

This yea i am seriously doubting buying the game actually..
The reason for this is that i find that fm is in a standstill for some years imo

For me there are some problems for the past years already that just keep on returning...

Im not going to list everything here..
But what i really would like to know is, if they finally took care of:

1. Do strikers still miss a lot of 1on 1 chances?
  2. Do players still shoot from an impossible angle instead of passing it to an open player right in front of goal
  3. Do goalkeepers still make octopus-like saves and then let pass the easy chances

I know these are all match engine related... but there lies my biggest frustration..
And please don’t go saying its tactics or stuff like that...
Scoring only 10% of 1 on 1’s has nothing to do with tactics..
I also had good success with fm16...
But prolems like the above where a definite immersion killer..

So, i would like to know if this got addressed. If not i will keep on playing fm16, if they did i will buy it for sure!

Thx for the responses

1 yes
2 no
3 not so often...

imo this ME is much better than fm 16 ever was.

1) Players are more likely to hit one-on-ones on target and there's a noticeable chance, especially if players have high finishing. Much less shots go wide now.

2) I was very surprised when my wingers squared the ball instead of crossing from ridiculous angles. For this reason, the ME is a million times more playable. Players will cut back on the byline or cross to the far post rather than shoot even for players with low teamwork at times.

3) Goalkeepers are better and they have added much more realistic animations with goalies.

the official feedback thread over at sigames has been oddly quiet so far, you can take this a very good sign :)

i asked the very same question on SI forum...
One guy says: play demo
then mod closes topic.....

I really felt i got a lot of help there. :)

Ok happy to hear this! On steam,the comments are not good tough

Don't trust Steam reviews unless they're actually thorough and make sense, which excludes 90% of them. Most of them are Chinese people raging, and the rest is a mix of people expecting to click 'Play' and win the game and people who expect a revolution every year when clearly it's a matter of evolution. Also, don't forget to look at their playtime.

In any case you could always just try the demo for free and see for yourself.