Stockholm, Sweden

T1LL13

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Looking for a bit of a chat/info about Stockholm. Either from locals or tourists.

Just basic travel/tourist info, things to do/see, eating/drinking, the usual.

An extra topic though is money. I know the Scandinavian countries are notorious for being "expensive" but just looking for a guide as to how much more expensive it may be. Bear in mind i am coming from the UK, we are there for 4 days and have £600 worth of Krona for the 4 days.

Anyway, talked enough ****, please comment if you can guys, any help or comments are welcome!!

Cheers,
Scott

Beautiful city. I was there for a day, three weeks ago and I loved it to bits. The old town is really intimate with narrow paths, packed with shops/restaurants, snaking towards the castle. The "newer" part on the mainland isn't any less pretty and most of the things worth seeing are reasonably close together.

As for specifics, there's an ice bar somewhere near the main train station that I unfortunately didn't get a chance to see but have heard that it's pretty cool - badum tiss. Otherwise I'd recommend getting one of those "hop on hop off" bus maps; they stop outside the Operan. If you can do so without actually getting on the bus I would, as the ticket is pretty expensive.

Continuing on the money front, I did notice that pretty much everywhere in the immediate centre where I spent most of the day was rather expensive, whether it be for food or drinks, though that may just be my hereditary Scottish tightness talking.

I realise I'm not the prime source of information on this particular topic, but I hope I helped in at least some way anyway.

Alex

I live in Stockholm :)

- About the money, are those £600 just for pleasure or are you planning to actually buy anything. Is the hotel already payed for?

- How old are you?

- Fancy restaurants, clubs or pubs ?

I live in Stockholm :)

- About the money, are those £600 just for pleasure or are you planning to actually buy anything. Is the hotel already payed for?

- How old are you?

- Fancy restaurants, clubs or pubs ?

Hotel is all paid for. We are attending the Axwell gig on Saturday night so all the £600 is for pleasure only, anything we buy would only be small items, not planning on anything major. The £600 is just so we can have a good time and not worry too much about money.

Restaurants do not have to be fancy but of decent quality, do you have any recommendations?

And i am 25 mate, still young enough to party!! ha

Hotel is all paid for. We are attending the Axwell gig on Saturday night so all the £600 is for pleasure only, anything we buy would only be small items, not planning on anything major. The £600 is just so we can have a good time and not worry too much about money.

Restaurants do not have to be fancy but of decent quality, do you have any recommendations?

And i am 25 mate, still young enough to party!! ha

Just barely. :D

Heard from a friend about a hamburger place called Flippin' Burgers and it's supposed to be one of the best in world. Haven't had time to visit Stockholm myself in couple years now so can't really say about the clubs.

Will make some suggestions later tonight.
( oh , the £600 is per person, right ?)

Cheers for the help guys, flying out in a few hours so probably wont get access to the forum until i get some Swedish Wifi. Appreciate all the info though :) any help is good help lol