SteVieBizzLe

Reaction score
View attachment 213173
Breaking News and an incredible story coming from the North West this morning as a shock managerial appointment is made at Stockport County. Lifelong Stockport County fan, Stephen Bradbury - who was lucky enough to recently win a huge jackpot in the Euro Millions, made a promise that the first thing he would do is to buy a majority share in his beloved club and appoint himself as first team manager.

This has split the fans and staff of the club with some stating that buying your way into a job like this shouldn't be allowed with other claiming that with the club being in such a downward spiral over the last decade and longer, that having someone on board who lives and breathes the club will be a good thing to get the club back on track.

We were able to catch Stephen for a few words earlier today:

Reporter: What made you want to buy your way into the Stockport County managers job?

SB: I see my childhood club suffering in obscurity, outside of the football league and continuing to decline, I wanted to put an end to that.

Reporter: What makes you think your the man for the job?

SB: Well I can't do any worse than my predecessors, can I?

Reporter: That doesn't justify your appointment though does it? And it doesn't mean you have the necessary skill set to be a success.

SB: You will have to ask whoever appointed me the reasons why they did so. Since I appointed myself, I don't have to justify my appointment to anyone. I have played Football Manager for years, and have taken conference clubs to Champions League glory with 10 years on numerous occasions, if that isn't proof of my ability then I don't know what is. Look, some fans may disagree with my actions and feel like I am unworthy of the job, but when I lead this club to success they will all come on board and get behind me and the team. I love this club and had a Season Ticket with the hardcore fans up in UT3, went home and away with the team. I will be the first to walk away if I am unable to do the best for this club. No more questions, interview over. I have work to do.

Reporter: Well, that was a powerful message from the new fan-turned-manager here at Stockport County. No one will doubt his passion, but plenty are doubting his ability. Back to you in the studio.

Well there you have it, an incredible story that the football world will follow with a keen sense of intrigue, we will certainly keep an eye on how this develops over the season.

Over to Spain now where Lionel Messi is involved in another tax scandal.......​