Stockport County - Fallen from Grace - The Rise - First Story

LukeBoys

Reaction score
This is my first ever story so bear with me and let me know how I'm getting on! Ive always enjoyed reading detailed stories on people who enjoy the challenges of taking a lower league club and having the patience to go from season to season and hope to get into the top league and challenge for titles and european silverware!

I decided to take up this mantle myself and start a career with Stockport County! Ive only ever lasted 6 seasons with Luton Town on FM2012 and havent had the bug on any other game since so here goes!

Will post updates of my first season right away..... TBC....

Stockport County Announce New Manager

Stockport County have fallen miserably to 6th Tier of English Football and have hired Luke Boys as their new manager. They hope that he can bring back some of the 'glory days' to the club and create a new confident aura. Having been asked about what he feels about the appointment Mr Boys had this to say;
'Stockport was once a successful club playing regularly at a high level. The fan base, stadium and history are there for everyone to see and I hope that I can bring back something of a winning mentality to the club.'
There was a sense of optimism surrounding this appointment and the fans are keen to see what new approach he will bring to the club.

images

Starting Infrastructure

images

The stadium is huge considering the league and level the current side is playing at. Has a Capacity of 10,900! Aim is to fill it on a weekly basis!

Club Worth - 625k
Training Facilities - Poor
Youth Facilities - Poor
Scouting network - What network?!?

Aims
Season 1 - Skrill North
- Promotion to Conference
- Profitable Club Finances
- Sign youngsters to develop

As you can see, Mr Boys isnt hoping for miracles to begin with, just hoping to gain promotion and start a new generation of prosperity at Edgeley Park

Up Next - Transfers and Pre Season.........

Key Player

New Stockport Manager praises the ability and experience of Phil Jevons and plans to use him as a Target Man in the hopes his goals can shoot the club to promotion in his first season

phil-jevons.jpg

Phil Jevons commented 'I'm not over awed by the pressure the new gaffer has put on me and I hope to repay his faith in me by firing the club higher up the leagues. Theres a new hype around the club at the moment and I cant wait to get started!'

Pre Season

Nothing major expected as Luke Boys wants to know what sort of squad he has inherited and how he can work with the players he has and where he needs to add through the transfer market.
The following games have been arranged;
Grimsby ( H )
Northampton ( H )
Northwich ( A )
Eastwood ( H )
Harrogate ( A )
TNS ( H )

Last edited:
Transfers In;

0C594AF6CC5B2C4E6F14FEDE35A0331198327ABB

Its evident Mr Boys has made good use of the free transfer market and releasing a few players too to free up as much wage as possible!

Goalkeeper Lukas Lidakevicius is a great prospect having signed on a free from Championship side Barnsley

BREXgE4CEAE4aYg.jpg:large

Manny Panther brings some experience to the young squad while the manager holds great hope for midfielder Jordan Wafula who signs with the club from League 2s Chesterfield.

Jonathan-Wafula-240x240.jpg

Any update mate?
What tactic you going to use?
Would be good to see them up the pointy end of things...