Stockport County FM11 Financial Trouble

vKompany

Reaction score
Please read all of this to understand my problem, it has a lot of detail in it.

I'm £-300k with Stockport County in League 1, Season 5. I considered many things to keep them out of the red, we only get out of it at the end of the season from the profits but then we go straight back into it the next season and it seems to be getting worse each season.

My owners are now interested in offers in the club, although haven't admitted to step down, my job is stable by a long distance, but we just ain't generating enough somewhere.. I even got rid of one of my two Youth Coaches but it hasn't worked.

I have increased the players wages in recent years to play at League 1 standard but not by much.

I have made very good profits over the seasons with selling players as I never pay money out for players, I develop and sell, one of them was Stephen Folan who I got on a free, played a whole season and then Dundee became interested and I said £100k (worth 30k) and WALLAA, I sold him :) - Back to the problem... I earn the most from my gates of 5,000 fans a match almost in a 10,000 seater stadium (small fanbase)

Any suggestions to help the struggling financial club? I don't want to sell all my higher waged players (1.2k) is my highest, but my average is around £800 and watch them slip back into League 2.

P.S Our only profits are coming from Cup Competitions and we crashed out of the League Cup in Round 1, and the Johnstone's Paint Trophy.

Cheers - vKompany

Right

1.Get ride of useless reserves and staff as this will help...
2.Play freindles with bigger teams i.e. Man Utd,Chelsea etc and you will get like £400k a match

I support County and we're in a bit of financial trouble in real life so the game's kinda realistic in that way.

But I'm in a similar situation with my Northwich Vics team and I just arranged friendlies with teams such as Arsenal, and Liverpool and got alot of revenue from it, I didn't sell any of my best players, just my fringe players, and then I got promotion to BSP and we "restructured our debt."

Right

1.Get ride of useless reserves and staff as this will help...
2.Play freindles with bigger teams i.e. Man Utd,Chelsea etc and you will get like £400k a match

1. I haven't got many reserves that aren't useless, as I'm in season 5 all my reserves are my best youngsters coming through and I'm using my best reserves as subs on my first team too, not all but two/three of them.

2. If I play Chelsea, Man Utd my team will get poor morale if I keep playing harder teams. I'm in September too so..

Thanks for the ideas though.

1. I haven't got many reserves that aren't useless, as I'm in season 5 all my reserves are my best youngsters coming through and I'm using my best reserves as subs on my first team too, not all but two/three of them.

2. If I play Chelsea, Man Utd my team will get poor morale if I keep playing harder teams. I'm in September too so..

Thanks for the ideas though.

Don't think getting beat off the best team in England would harm morale in a friendly, money's the most important thing to sort out.

I support County and we're in a bit of financial trouble in real life so the game's kinda realistic in that way.

But I'm in a similar situation with my Northwich Vics team and I just arranged friendlies with teams such as Arsenal, and Liverpool and got alot of revenue from it, I didn't sell any of my best players, just my fringe players, and then I got promotion to BSP and we "restructured our debt."

I'm also kind of 40-60% Stockport fan, 40% being Stockport, but I don't want my team to get really poor morale because in League 1, when we get poor morale we suffer horribly.

---------- Post added at 05:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:31 PM ----------

Don't think getting beat off the best team in England would harm morale in a friendly, money's the most important thing to sort out.

Playing 1 won't harm, playing 2/3 will because of lack of confidence.

How many players are in your squad? (First team)

You also try and get a good parent club to give you money and nick a couple of good players on no wages

How many players are in your squad? (First team)

I have 19 First-Team Players > 17 of them are First-Team, 2 are borrowed from Reserves.

Without the 2 players on the first team, my Reserve Team size is: 18, most being good developing youngsters. I am trying to sell the ones that aren't needed as much because they won't develop as well but they are on £110 anyway.

---------- Post added at 08:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 PM ----------

You also try and get a good parent club to give you money and nick a couple of good players on no wages

Ok, I was thinking of this in Season 3 but I didn't know if it would benefit much because my Stockport side were making progress without the need of bigger sides, financially it will help, so I'll put a word in to my Boardroom.

---------- Post added at 09:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 PM ----------

Oh btw Im 7 games into the new season too so.. Not in Transfer Window now.

Last edited: