vKompany

Reaction score
I have started a new game with Stockport County, and after a few games of practising with them I am now looking to take it on to further seasons. I have one problem though. The Stockport team got dismantled when they got relegated to the BSP and re-built in real life (with effect on the game).

Now I've struggled in each practice season, but I definitely don't want to get the sack, although I know a top 10 finish will see my job as insecure but survival. But due to the whole squad being new anyway, I need advice on whether it would be best to dismantle players I don't prefer, and bring in new players (swapping new for new basically), or would it be better to play with this squad without signing another few players or releasing. Maybe I should sign nobody this transfer window but a few in January?

Its basically gelling which is the question I'm looking for an answer too, just so I can stable my job as the club manager ahead of being successful, and I need your advice please.

---------- Post added at 11:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 PM ----------

Bump (A) Can anybody give me some options please.

Last edited:
Hiya mate, iv just finished in my first season with the mighty stockport finishing 3rd in the league and going up as playoff champions. first off all you should try and secure paton you should be able to buy him pretty cheap. Also theres a striker called jamil adam, hes a beast finished with 42 goals on my game. try and look at tightening the defense up with a few free transfers and also get a decent centre mid.
Good luck!

LI4M

i had a similer problem with plymouth argyle at the start of the game they have quite a few players who are quite frankly not upto the task but as they were young i kept them and added older/better players to give the team a bit of depth and quality i got to the play offs first season but lost in the final i struggled the first 5-6 games only picking up about 6 points but i gradully got better just make sure you have a sound tactic and players who fit that, you should be fine

I am now in my 2nd season with county after winning the Blue Square Premier my first year.Basically, I got Quinton Fortune via free transfer in my first year who is goot a set pieces and has high influence. Put him in the middle of the park and let him boss the show!Also got Middlesbrough as my parent team and got a few key loans when injuries affected my squad (Connor Ripley, Cameron Park and ?? Gibson) were the 3 that would come for 3-6months at a time.Also, there are a few transfer list chaps that will sign for free from their clubs. Off the top of my head: Derek Niven - Chesterfield, Lewis Guy - MK Dons, ?? Stewart - Hearts Reserves.My tip though is; don't overspend on wages or transfers in your first year. Or like me - you will end up with no transfer kitty in league 2 and things become a little more tricky!Good LuckTG

You had might as well try and get rid of unwanted players now. The only problem is, they probably will not want to leave. I had the same problem with Swindon, some of Paolo's signings just weren't up to scratch on my game, but I couldn't get rid of them as they had only recently arrived at the club. Whenever I offered the to other clubs a news item would appear saying that they were "set to stay following recent arrival." Managed to get rid of a couple by tellign them they were surplus and dumping them in the reserves. Some others didn't move on until January and one of them refused to move until the following summer. Good luck!