Stockport County: Life After Hamann.

A idan

Reaction score

View attachment 225805

Stockport County have today confirmed former England International Aidan Hicks as their new manager, after previous boss Dietmar Hamann resigned yesterday morning.​

Hicks has signed a one year deal with the club reportedly worth £825 a week. This is Hicks' first venture into management after calling time on his playing career.

Hicks has been given a transfer budget of £208K and a wage budget of £25.5K p/w, in order to get County back to the Football League at the first time of asking.

A news conference is expected later on today at Edgeley Park.

Good luck dude. I done a Stockport save. Was pretty easy. I recommend Harry Worley, and Fraser Kerr. Two very good centre halves, they'll average about 8, and score tons from corners. I got Ronnie Henry in the second season, too. He's good. And Antonio German is amazing. **** player though, bad attitude, but very talented.

In his first press conference since taking charge of Stockport County, Aidan Hicks has told BBC Greater Manchester he firmly believes he can lead the club back to the Football League at the first time of asking.

Stockport have suffered back-to-back relegations, but Hicks believes the current squad is more than good enough of gaining promotion. He said: "The squad we have at the moment is without doubt the best in the league. With a couple of signings, we should walk the league and be back where we belong come May."