oafcpaddy

Reaction score
Due to an error with my computer, the recent save I had with Eastbourne Borough was lost, much to my disappointment.

An illness has seen me off work today, so I decided I'd get cracking with a different managerial career. Due to the "off the field" woes of the club, I decided to have a go at Stockport County in League One. As soon as I took over, I saw the finances weren't in the best of shapes, especially when I went all out to sign Rohan Ricketts on a free - his wages aren't that high, but I gave him an astronomical signing on fee. As a result of this, I had to balance the books a little, which came thanks to considerable help from Peterborough, who paid £120,000 to take Jonny Mullins and Peter Thompson off my books. When I set out, Thompson was the man I was going to play as a lone striker, so his departure meant I had to fill the void. I scoured the transfer market, and was delighted to acquire the services of former Bradford man ***** Topp. I also saw my AML needed strenghtening so, again after lookig in the transfer market, I managed to sign a player with a very long name (I'll put screenshot up so you can all see.)

I then approached my board to see if we could set up a link with aparent club. They came back with the choices of Liverpool, Wigan or Blackburn. I chose Liverpool and immediately took Jay Spearing, Steve Irwin and Daniel Ayala on loan from thm. Spearing and Ayala on season loans, Irwin for three months.

Carl Baker is, arguably, the best player at the club, but I don't think he fits into my tactics and style of play. There is talk of Middlesborough and Notts County putting bids in for him and, hopefully, I'll be able to get a good fee. That said, I re-jigged a little away at Oldham when Irwin got injured and Baker was fantastic.

I have only played one league match so far, a resounding 4-0 win at Oldham with Ricketts hitting two, Topp hitting one and Pawel Abbott scoring an own goal.

Are people interested in hearing more about this?....

Why did you sell Thompson and Mullins? There the best striker and the best defender :S

Because, in my opinion, I had players in the squad to accomodate the loss.

Ok it's your story not mine :)

After the win at Oldham, I travelled to Brunton Park to play Carlisle in the League Cup, coming away with a 4-2 win to set up a home tie against Premier League side Portsmouth.

My next league game was a home fixture against Bristol Rovers. Despite having the majority of possession, County were unable to turn it into goals and were "done" twice on the counter by Joe Kuffour, who gave the visitors a 2-0 win.

Next up was a midweek game at home to the side I beat in the league cup, Carlisle. The game started in controversial fashion as ***** Topp raced clear, only to be upended by Danny Livesey. The referee pointed straight to the spot but only gave Livesey a yellow card. Carl Baker dispatched the spot kick. It stayed that way until the fiery last ten minutes of the game. On 81 mins, a harmless ball into the box was only half cleared by Michael Rose, and Graham Kavanagh rifled in a 20 yard drive to restore parity for the visitors. The game appeared to have turned on it's head on 88 mins when Livesey, who arguably should not have been on the pitch, nodded home a corner from Kavanagh. It looked like the Cumbrians would take maximum points, until County gotta free kick 20 yards out in the 92nd minute, which was curled into the top corner by Michael Rose..

---------- Post added at 01:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 PM ----------

Sacked at CHristmas for refusing to comment on rumours linking me with Doncaster!!! I was 9th too!

Tossers

perhaps the shortest story I have ever seen :p

Zabooub is good! Although you getting sacked is pretty stupid... Can't you just reload it?

Yeah you shouldn't have sold Mulins and Thompson but you must keeo Baker he's class! And what is it with County beating Oldham 4 - 0 I did it aswell. I'll follow seems tho I'm a county fan :D

Anyway reload the game :)