Stoke bid for Crouch and Palacios

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 2K
£15 million and they're yours.

I'd be reluctant to part with them for anything less, especially Crouch who offers us a decent threat in Europe.

Sigh.2 very good players if used properly. Personaly wouldn't sell Palacios for less that 10m, fantastic player and a fan favourite, just gone missing since his brother died. Think that he just needs a fresh start with an arm round his shoulder, added grit to our midfield when we needed him, but will be surplus should Diarra come in.Of all of our strikers, I would rather keep Crouch surprisingly due to his threat in europe and for the fact that he has scored crucial goals when needed. Wouldb't sell him for less that 6m myself.Rumours that the offer might be around 18m though, in which case, snap their hands off. Could finally have some money to strengthen our strike force and threaten it up.
No CJ, as much as I respect your overall opinions, Crouch is a an absolute Donkey, you talk about his threat in the air but hf the time he gets beaten cos he doesn't jump. Wilson have slight more respect for because of his family death but he was always a player who looked lost in a game not knowing wether to attack or to defend, when he was good at neither really. Diarra won't come cos of the wage demand btw

No CJ, as much as I respect your overall opinions, Crouch is a an absolute Donkey, you talk about his threat in the air but hf the time he gets beaten cos he doesn't jump. Wilson have slight more respect for because of his family death but he was always a player who looked lost in a game not knowing wether to attack or to defend, when he was good at neither really. Diarra won't come cos of the wage demand btw

Woah sorry, got to pull you up on Wilson, who was a beast of a player before his brothers death, after that he never looked the same

Lets get one thing straight here, Crouch frustrates me as much as the next guy but without him, we probably wouldn't have finished 4th, qualified for the champions league and he scored several key goals last season whilst setting up half of VDV's. This is about not getting ripped off here. For a player who has never relied on pace, he could have another 4 years at the top. We should be looking to get in about 6m for him.

Not going to comment on Palacios, because that frankly, was ridiculous.

Diarra's on relatively low wages in comparison with other Madrid players and is very getable. Definitely think its going to happen.

Back