Stoke City 1-1 Chelsea

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 29
  • Views Views 1K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Chelsea's slim title hopes all but vanish as Stoke City turn in a barnstorming display to earn a deserved draw.

More...

This dosent need its own thread lol. I have suffered enough. Stoke deserved all 3points and if it wasent for Cech (easiliy Chelsea's player of the season) then it would have been 4 or 5-1.

So BBC makes a Saturday Football thread and then makes a thread for all the final scores :S

So BBC makes a Saturday Football thread and then makes a thread for all the final scores :S

BBC loves creating arguments :P

Big setback for Chelsea in the title race and this result could end any hope they had. I still think they will ****** 2nd from Arsenal though.

BBC loves creating arguments :P

Big setback for Chelsea in the title race and this result could end any hope they had. I still think they will ****** 2nd from Arsenal though.

I never really believed it anyway but yer if we did have a chance then its gone i think. And i also agree with you that we will ****** 2nd from Arsenal.

All the talk about Vidic not getting red card, but not even a single mention about Essien.

All the talk about Vidic not getting red card, but not even a single mention about Essien.

****** ****. That's a sending off if I have ever seen one. Similar N'zonzi's vs Arsenal, 2 footed, studs up, woeful challenge.

Just watched that and it looks like he has just given up on the ball and gone for his leg. He was lucky not to go, and so were Chelsea then, could of been end of game for them.

like mentioned already, all the talk in the papers and on the tv is about Rooney swearing and Vidic not getting sent off, not a word mentioned about this discusting, leg breaking tackle, don't even remember seeing it on match of the day.

Pennant foot was just off the ground when Essien made the contact, otherwise Pennant would have had his leg broken.

****** ****. That's a sending off if I have ever seen one. Similar N'zonzi's vs Arsenal, 2 footed, studs up, woeful challenge.

thing is, that tackle is worse than the similar one he got sent off for earlier in the season, wheres the consistency?

thing is, that tackle is worse than the similar one he got sent off for earlier in the season, wheres the consistency?

I can't say I saw that challenge, however I did see N'zonzi's and he was unfortunate enough to get sent off, and his certainly looked unintentional. Surely the referee can see that Essien's is clearly a red?

Essien is the clearest red ive seen this season from all those kind of tackles, certainly worse than Nzonzi's and Gerrards against us, its late studs up, two footed reckless challenge

can the FA not step in and look at this seeing as the referee took no action?

like mentioned already, all the talk in the papers and on the tv is about Rooney swearing and Vidic not getting sent off, not a word mentioned about this discusting, leg breaking tackle, don't even remember seeing it on match of the day.

Exactly this. The rooney incident is ridiculous, i couldnt even hear it the first time i saw it and i doubt the majority of people would care if it was anyone else, but because its rooney, and because he had a good game, they had to focus elsewhere to bring him down.

As for vidic, yes he had a dodgy game but none of his fouls were as cynical as this, cant believe Essien didnt get sent off for this, would have been fully deserved.

can the FA not step in and look at this seeing as the referee took no action?

depends on the referees report, if he says he saw it and decided on taking no action then they cant, but if he says he didnt see it and if he had would of done something then yes they can. But I think its stupid I think they should be able to anyway, tackles like that need to be stamped out of the game.

That Essien 'tackle' is disgraceful.

Well worthy of a red card.

Yet all we hear Is about Vidic not getting a red, Yep refs clearly helped United this weekend, with us losing a penalty which was outside the box... But off course ref favour united. :/

Back