JustNEZ

Reaction score
Chapter 1: Unveil

Tony Pulis Gone!

View attachment 209870

At 9:30am on 4th July 2011, Stoke City Chairman Peter Coates released this statement regarding the departure of Stoke City Manager Tony Pulis: "I am afraid to inform you that Tony Pulis has resigned as Stoke City Manager with immediate effect due to a dispute in contractual negotiations, we hope to appoint a new manager sometime this week. Thank You and Goodbye!"

At 10:30 that very same day news broke of a possible managerial candidate for Stoke City. Martin O'Neil declared his intrest in the vacancy and told Sky Sports "this could be my route back to football". After this statement the Stoke City chairman was unavailable for a statement.

The next day, Press Conference held at Stoke City's training ground regarding the new manager of Stoke City.

Peter Coates: Welcome everybody to what is a Ground Breaking Day for Stoke City. Let me introduce you to our new manager. Stephen Naisbitt.

Stephen Naisbitt: Hello, I know you haven't heard of me before but trust me this job is perfect for me and I plan to be here for a long time.

Reporter: Peter, did you consider Martin O'Neill for the post?

Peter Coates: Of course we did, it would have been stupid not to given his resime. However we believed that Naisbitt's long term plan was more suited to the club and therefore was a more sensible choice.

Reporter: What do you think of the current squad at the Britannia Stadium?

Stephen Naisbitt: I believe that this current team is deep in quality and suits a different style of play from which Stoke played under Tony Pulis which I believe could be described as 'ugly football'. I plan to play more of a passing game here at the Britannia Stadium, not just one long pass to Crouchie or Kenwyne.

Reporter: So you believe that you can bring European Success to the Britannia?

Stephen Naisbitt: Maybe not this season, however I believe that this is possible during the coming years.

Peter Coates: Thank you that's all.

View attachment 209873

THE SUN: Stoke hire unknown!

View attachment 209872

Yesterday Peter Coates shocked the English Football Scene by hiring English Manager Stephen Naisbitt. However Naisbitt spoke confidently at yesterdays unveil about Stoke's chances, and about a change of play from the previous regime under Tony Pulis. Dubbing the style of Pulis, "ugly football".

It's unknown how Tony Pulis will react to this comment.

Chapter 2: Post Pulis
After Naisbitt's strong words at the press conference the pressure was on for the young manager to back them up with good performances. But who knows whether Stoke City will meet Naisbitt's expectations brought about by their manager's own confidence.

With the first match of the season, a pre-season friendly against Middlesbrough, Naisbitt announces his tactics. Mastermind move or one risk too far? We shall see.

Playing an attacking based 4-4-2 with wingers is definitely similar to the tactics of Tony Pulis but who knows what Naisbitt is planning to unleash from the training ground.

Sub Chapter: One press conference too much?
Naisbitt enters swiftly followed by signing Federico Macheda on a loan deal from Manchester United for the following season.

Reporter: So, is this one of the vital members of the new Naisbitt regime?

Naisbitt: It's certainly a signing who I believe can shake of the previous tag of long ball football that's for sure.

Reporter: Federico, what made you choose Stoke, over the Champions League football on offer from FC Twente?

Macheda: Well its obvious that the Barclays Premier League, is the best league in the world, this made my decision easy as I knew that I would be given first team football, due to assurance from Naisbitt.

Naisbitt: I believe that Federico here has a large future in the Premier league, and here at Stoke we are happy to be a part of the history he is bound to make.

Reporter: Skybet has you 13/1 for relegation is that a serious worry for your team this season as well as the added pressure of European Football?

Naisbitt: I am not willing to answer that question or any others, this has brought an end to this press conference.

View attachment 209873

Pressure too much for Naisbitt
Read inside for further details
Yesterday Naisbitt unveiled the signing of Federico Macheda on a loan deal from Manchester United, one reporter question Stokes chances in the premier league this season, and Naisbitt subsequently left the Press Conference in a hurry followed by his new signing. Is the pressure of being a football manager too much for Naisbitt, only time will tell. One thing we do know is this is going to be an exciting season at the Britannia.

Chapter 3: Pre-Season - update coming soon!​

Last edited:
aha. Love the little Sun report :p

Nice start man. Good luck in Europe. Nice to see more mid-table prem stories.

more to follow soon, Uni work more important at the moment :)

Good Story, doing a stoke campaign at the moment the myself but never can be bothered to write about it ... i chose the opposite to you though wanted to keep it realistic so created a standard 442 formation with DR/DL automatic, DC set as Limited Defenders, MC- BWM/B2B wingers, and two forwards one target and one poacher.

I dived into the transfer market and built a team for the future also, with monthly installments, but paid off finished 8th, FA cup Runners up, quarter finalists in league cup and Europa.

If you can buy Sime Vrsjalko - DR 1m, amazing, average rating 7:30 for season, and Darwin Quintero good poacher scored 24 goals for me, and crouchie bagged 20.

Looking forward to this

I just read this and decided to start a Stoke save. How come you've got money to buy players the board gave me zip