Wrighty1987

Reaction score
Does anyone have any ideas of a good tactic to use with Stoke city with this years fm I don't think a wing back tactic would work as they don't have any decent wing backs or any pace there any ideas please link the tactic in here

Cheers

Hello,

I've just began my second season as Stoke manager on FM18. Opted for the 4-2-3-1 during my first season and finished one point outside the champions league position.

Team: Butland, Janmaat (from Watford), Zouma, Shawcross, Tymon, Gueye (from Everton), Fletcher, Shaqiri, Nabil Fekir (From Lyon), Choupo-Moting and Berahino.

Also signed Justin Kluivert from Ajax for around 12m and is proving to be one of my key players this season.

Ive continued with the 4-2-3-1 during my second season but have made a few transfers as I wish to qualify for Champions League this year and need a larger squad due to more games after qualifying for the Europa League.

Team: Butland, Janmaat, Vallejo (on season loan from R. Madrid), Mannamana (From Zenit, 23m - may not be correct spelling of his name), Tierney (18m from Celtic), Andre Gomes (8.5m from Barca), Imbula, Shaqiri, Fekir, Kluivert and Berahino.

Also signed Renato Sanches (season loan from Bayern) and Tammy Abaraham (season loan from Chelsea). Off loaded the likes of Bojan, Cameron and Muniesa for extra funds. Gueye also went to PSG for 30m after only signing him for 13m a year ago. Tymon has gone on loan to Championship side West Brom so that he exceeds at that level and his stats improve quickly (potential 5*)

Tactics: Opted for a more fast pressing games with the players to roam and express their creativity. Ive got them working the ball into the box as Berahino is a good finisher on the game scoring 18 goals in my first season.

Hope all goes well and good luck

UP THE POTTERS!

Edit:
Sold Wimmer for around 24m to RBL and also brought in youngster Lewis Cook (potential 4.5-5*) from Bournemouth. However, loaned Cook out to West Brom as well for the exact same reason as Josh Tymon. Few big clubs, like Bayern, sniffing arounf Shaqiri so already considering his replacement... Patrick Roberts from City. Also want to bring in an English CB to partner Mannama once Shawcross' stats drop dramatically and Vallejo goes back to R. Madrid. Want to bring in as many UK players as possible eventually..

Last edited:
could you post a couple of screen shots of your tactics and team instruction screens please :D

Hello,

I've just began my second season as Stoke manager on FM18. Opted for the 4-2-3-1 during my first season and finished one point outside the champions league position.

Team: Butland, Janmaat (from Watford), Zouma, Shawcross, Tymon, Gueye (from Everton), Fletcher, Shaqiri, Nabil Fekir (From Lyon), Choupo-Moting and Berahino.

Also signed Justin Kluivert from Ajax for around 12m and is proving to be one of my key players this season.

Ive continued with the 4-2-3-1 during my second season but have made a few transfers as I wish to qualify for Champions League this year and need a larger squad due to more games after qualifying for the Europa League.

Team: Butland, Janmaat, Vallejo (on season loan from R. Madrid), Mannamana (From Zenit, 23m - may not be correct spelling of his name), Tierney (18m from Celtic), Andre Gomes (8.5m from Barca), Imbula, Shaqiri, Fekir, Kluivert and Berahino.

Also signed Renato Sanches (season loan from Bayern) and Tammy Abaraham (season loan from Chelsea). Off loaded the likes of Bojan, Cameron and Muniesa for extra funds. Gueye also went to PSG for 30m after only signing him for 13m a year ago. Tymon has gone on loan to Championship side West Brom so that he exceeds at that level and his stats improve quickly (potential 5*)

Tactics: Opted for a more fast pressing games with the players to roam and express their creativity. Ive got them working the ball into the box as Berahino is a good finisher on the game scoring 18 goals in my first season.

Hope all goes well and good luck

UP THE POTTERS!

Edit:
Sold Wimmer for around 24m to RBL and also brought in youngster Lewis Cook (potential 4.5-5*) from Bournemouth. However, loaned Cook out to West Brom as well for the exact same reason as Josh Tymon. Few big clubs, like Bayern, sniffing arounf Shaqiri so already considering his replacement... Patrick Roberts from City. Also want to bring in an English CB to partner Mannama once Shawcross' stats drop dramatically and Vallejo goes back to R. Madrid. Want to bring in as many UK players as possible eventually..

Could you please post your tactic screen and team instructions and maybe squad list screen

First, Nice job on getting them to top 5

But, how did you manage to aford Fekir, Janmat, Gueye(and that cheep) and Kluivert?

i tryed to offload players like, johnson, diouf, adam with out luck

yeah thats a good effort I just want to know his team instructions :D

Morning all,

Sorry about the late reply.

Regarding signings, Stoke provide you with a generous 27m in your first season. On top of this I sold Charlie Adam, Erik Pieters (both Tymon and Martins Indi can play there), Muniesa, Bojan and Diouf. I brought Fekir for 33m with a fair amount coming from instalments. As was Janmaat. Gueye was transfer listed for 13m and worth every penny as were Janmaat and Fekir. Due to me being a champs league position in January I changed my objectives and received an additional 18m for the chairman which went towards Kluivert.

Tactics & Squad
View attachment 75378 View attachment 75374
Note: that this is my 2nd season. I am coming towards January, topped my group in Europa league (scoring 20, conceding 2) and 5 points clear at the top. I am trying to play my youngsters as much as possible, hoping they improve. Ngoy benefiting heavily from regular football. I play 5-3-2 against the stronger team ands looking o counter more, with the same team instructions. Its proven to be effective so far as I've beaten Liverpool 3-2, Tottenham 2-0, Utd 1-0 and drawn the City and Arsenal

Further info: Crouch and Grant retire so I've already acquired a back-up keeper from Club Brugge (American fella) and looking to add Abraham on a permanent basis.

Additional pics:
View attachment 75377

View attachment 75376
View attachment 75375

Future signings: Few big teams looking at Shaqiri and Imbula so im already looking at potential signings. Willing to give Ngoy a chance on the right and maybe make Renato Sanches permanent (if realistic sum) or Reuben Neves from Wolves.

Would love to see some of your tactics and transfer activity!

All the best

Last edited: