• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 36
  • Views Views 3K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

Stoke break their transfer record by signing striker Peter Crouch from Tottenham in a deal which could eventually be worth £12m.

More...

decent enough signing. bit pricey, but I think he'll do ok up there.

so is crouch EL cup tied. cuz both spurs and stoke are in the groupstage

thats the all he wants.. clearly. high balls to the skyscrapers upfront. delap's annoying throwins.. well thats Stoke, that is their philosophy. and they stick to it immutably.

thats the all he wants.. clearly. high balls to the skyscrapers upfront. delap's annoying throwins.. well thats Stoke, that is their philosophy. and they stick to it immutably.

except if you watch them they also play some very good stuff on the floor.

Ah, I see it's the old "pulis wants a tall player so they can launch the ball" **** comin. Would comment but seriously cannot be chewed anymore-been over this before. Would be nice if people would stop coming out with such crass statements. They obviously didn't watch the cup final they were in or the games before.

Obviously BlueHart doesnt realise that Crouch is average at best in the air...

Stoke have got a ****** good squad this year.

Palacios and Crouch are two very good signings for them. Hope they do well this year!

So Spurs now have 2 senior strikers, 3 if you count VDV. Oh dear.

So isn't that 6 players out for Spurs and 1 in?

So Spurs now have 2 senior strikers, 3 if you count VDV. Oh dear.
4 actually: Adebayor, VDV, Defoe and Pavlychenko. But yeah, they are short of firepower!

So isn't that 6 players out for Spurs and 1 in?
Bassong hasn't left, if you've included him and it's 2 in - Adebayor and Parker.

£10m is a bit steep, especially when Arteta has left for the same price. Never rated 'Arry, so it's no surprise to me Spurs are currently doing ****.

Ah, forgot about Adebayor loan..

£10m is a bit steep, especially when Arteta has left for the same price. Never rated 'Arry, so it's no surprise to me Spurs are currently doing ****.

Care to elaborate?

except if you watch them they also play some very good stuff on the floor.

Maybe they do but when I've seen them play Fulham, the midfield is bypassed. They've signed one decent centre mid who isn't exactly renowned for attacking prowess. People may say Stoke are changing the way they play but it's pretty clear by Pulis's signings on what his intentions are.

Maybe they do but when I've seen them play Fulham, the midfield is bypassed. They've signed one decent centre mid who isn't exactly renowned for attacking prowess. People may say Stoke are changing the way they play but it's pretty clear by Pulis's signings on what his intentions are.

Watch them vs Thun, played some lovely stuff. Something they have been doing since the closing stages of last season Thats not to say they dont go direct, but they are certainly much more than that these days. And Crouch is no aerial demon, despite his ridiculous height.

Back