Stoke sign Crouch from Tottenham

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 36
  • Views Views 3K
It's actually 3 in for Spurs since they also signed Yago from Juventus on a loan deal.

Yago is more trouble than he's worth. Left Barcelona while still a teenager, having never played a game for them. He demanded ridiculous money and expected to be playing first team football, it seems a simialr story has played out during his time at Juve.

He's got talent, but imo he's just going to be another Gio Dos Santos.

I would never sign this dude! Ever! Specially by that sum and at his age! I don't know what any club sees in him, neither his wife!

£10m is a bit steep, especially when Arteta has left for the same price. Never rated 'Arry, so it's no surprise to me Spurs are currently doing ****.

They've lost to Manchester City and Manchester United...

Obviously BlueHart doesnt realise that Crouch is average at best in the air...

I beg to differ. He isn't really that strong but he does win more than 50% of his aerial duels just due to the fact he's a pole

I see people slating Stoke because they play a direct game and use Delap's throws a lot... and so what? All of a sudden everyone has to play ****** 50cm passes like Barcelona? They have some big, strong players that are very good in the air, they have very good crossers of the ball, good set-piece takers, and a certain someone whose throws can cause problems to any defence. Why not take advantage of them? (In all honesty I'm surprised as to why Delap doesn't get into the Ireland squad as it would be a good weapon as most keepers and defences never faced something like that).

I see people slating Stoke because they play a direct game and use Delap's throws a lot... and so what? All of a sudden everyone has to play ****** 50cm passes like Barcelona? They have some big, strong players that are very good in the air, they have very good crossers of the ball, good set-piece takers, and a certain someone whose throws can cause problems to any defence. Why not take advantage of them? (In all honesty I'm surprised as to why Delap doesn't get into the Ireland squad as it would be a good weapon as most keepers and defences never faced something like that).

Not slating it at all because if they tried playing any different, they'd probably end up going down. What they do works, just not a fan of it myself.

I beg to differ. He isn't really that strong but he does win more than 50% of his aerial duels just due to the fact he's a pole
Problem isn't him being able to win them, it's what he does with it.
He never seems to be able to do much with the ball with his head, he's like the opposite to Owen.
Owen used to head the ball well but was 4 foot tall.

Since when are Barcelonas passes ******? :S

Care to elaborate?
That statement was maybe a tad harsh, but you are lurking near the bottom of the table and got thrashed twice. And you've missed out on many players and sold a few.

So have Arsenal :(
Yeah, but to be honest, I can see Arsenal doing much better than Spurs this season, especially with the new signings. And unlike 'Arry, Wenger buys very cleverly (no, not Cleverley ;)) and I rate him much better - I think he can get Arsenal out of this 'mess'.

They've lost to Manchester City and Manchester United...
Yes, 5-1 and 3-0. For a club which considers itself 'big', I don't think that's good results. Bolton even 'did better' against City!

Last edited:
I don't think you can judge Spurs after the two games they've had, and to say that Harry is a bad manager is a ridiculous statement if you ask me.

Yeah, but to be honest, I can see Arsenal doing much better than Spurs this season, especially with the new signings. And unlike 'Arry, Wenger buys very cleverly (no, not Cleverley ;)) and I rate him much better - I think he can get Arsenal out of this 'mess'.

Im sorry, Selling Nasri and Fabregas and replacing them with Arteta and Benayoun/Gervinho is clever? Arsenal's squad has got worse this summer and ours has just been touched up with a bit of class. We brought in exactly what we lacked last season, a class striker and we brought in a very steady and reliable keeper, another problem we had last season, whilst strengthening with a very good midfield player in Parker.

Yes, 5-1 and 3-0. For a club which considers itself 'big', I don't think that's good results. Bolton even 'did better' against City!

Our squad was truly depleted against City, as soon as we lined up with Kranjcar and Modric in the middle we were destined for failure, and we performed very well against United considering we had Livermore and Kranjcar in the middle.

Well done on basing an entire season on 2 games against IMO two of the top 4/5 teams in the world with a very very depleted midfield.

at least they didn't lose 8-2 ;)

Since when are Barcelonas passes ******? :S

I'm not (And never have been) a fan of their short passing game. I do enjoy Messi's mazy dribbles and Xavi's and Iniesta's incisive passes, but I get seriously bored when they just try to keep possession. It certainly works, but give me a quick counter-attack with an incisive pass or two any time.

I'm not (And never have been) a fan of their short passing game. I do enjoy Messi's mazy dribbles and Xavi's and Iniesta's incisive passes, but I get seriously bored when they just try to keep possession. It certainly works, but give me a quick counter-attack with an incisive pass or two any time.

Definitely. I prefer watching Madrid/United rather than Barcelona. Their play is quick, cutting, and powerful, and full of counter attacking intent.

Back