lckyby

Reaction score
I have my keepers player settings as 'distribute to defenders' and 'pass it shorter' but still sometimes he launches it upfield so I lose possession and ends up with 60% or less pass completion.

On FM13 it was easy to make sure your keeper only ever passed it short.

Is there anything I'm missing? Maybe sweeper keeper..

Your Strategy will dictate how keepers are going to handle themselves...The more defensive your strategy is the keeper will not risk distribute the ball to defenders...But if on the contrary your strategy is more attacking he will distribute to defenders in order to start an organized attack moves...Hopes this helps...

Your Strategy will dictate how keepers are going to handle themselves...The more defensive your strategy is the keeper will not risk distribute the ball to defenders...But if on the contrary your strategy is more attacking he will distribute to defenders in order to start an organized attack moves...Hopes this helps...

An attacking strategy will make him more likely to whack it direct up the field, to get the ball from one box to another as quick as possible. A defensive strategy means he will play it safer and give it to defenders.

But like the OP said, I have also noticed the majority of the time Szczesny just wacks it long, despite being told to give it to my fullback and pass it shorter.

Dang,I have just read yesterday the official guide for FM 2013...He clearly stated the fact that for more cautious strategy he will aim to clear the ball deep whereas for more aggresive ones he will feed the defence in order to start off passing moves...Those are exactly his words...

I use "play out of defence" and "retain possession" and have my goalkeeper set to take quick throws, and he does exactly that with a few exceptions (for example if the opposition is pushing high up the pitch when they are chasing the game).

Mersk...What about instructing your keeper on tackling?what should I take into account regarding his tackling orders?

Taking quick throws is the only instruction I give my keeper.

Dang,I have just read yesterday the official guide for FM 2013...He clearly stated the fact that for more cautious strategy he will aim to clear the ball deep whereas for more aggresive ones he will feed the defence in order to start off passing moves...Those are exactly his words...

If you dont sent any instructions for your GK or team instructions, play a few matches on an attacking strategy, and then a few with a defensive strategy. On the attacking strategy, the team will look to get the ball quicker, using more direct balls. On the defensive strategy, they will take more time to get the ball forward.