Timzee

Reaction score
No, this isn't a Kony thread.

After watching Schweinstiger against Holland, watching how he dictated the tempo of Germany and was a constant threat with is passing and through balls I started thinking about how to stop Tempo Dictators such as Scweinstiger, Xavi and Scholes in FM and preventing them to play.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I considered close man marking to prevent passing to feet.

It was really amazing.

I guess that the way Mou's play agains Barça it's the better way, with high pressure (ball winner) or with a man marking. Like that or, if you are a better team, don't let they have the ball, trying to kill the game with quick attacks.

Just an idea.
Feel free to contest. :)

Honestly? You don't stop them, cut off and mark whoever they're aiming their passes to. They'll pass backwards and won't present much of a goal threat themselves going forward. Funny to see though that most teams are worries about Ozil so Schweini is getting a lot more time on the ball....

Honestly? You don't stop them, cut off and mark whoever they're aiming their passes to. They'll pass backwards and won't present much of a goal threat themselves going forward. Funny to see though that most teams are worries about Ozil so Schweini is getting a lot more time on the ball....

I was thinking this, loosely marked but tight mark all potential targets (in Germany's case: Mueller, Klose/Gomez, Ozil and Podolski). But I thought this might give the dictator too much space to work with and slow down the play too much, limiting the number of chances we may create.

I think that the way Inter plays in CL semi's against Barça it's the better way. Don't pressure them too high, just let them got the ball in areas that they don't gave much danger (short pass team, of course). Then, in the last third, pressure them zonal. The team has to play like a real team.
Then, with the ball, launch quicker attacks. If we have a player with good passing skills it would be great.

This one is just an idea. There are other ways, I guess.

P.s: Sorry for any bad english. it's not my first language. (Portuguese)