stewafc

Reaction score
Hello all, I'm Wrexham in the national league, after a decent start (first 10 games I was top of the league, everything looking rosie) it's all gone to pot! I know the others teams work out your tactics so I tweak them a touch but what's the best way to get your team up and running again regarding team talks/ training/ changing tactics/ changing the team etc, how to raise morale? Thank you

I know the others teams work out your tactics
They don't. It's a myth. They make adjustments based on your rep and form and the biggest changes are after 6 months or at the end of a season. The best way is to find out why you're losing.

They don't. It's a myth. They make adjustments based on your rep and form and the biggest changes are after 6 months or at the end of a season. The best way is to find out why you're losing.

WJ Been absent for a few years....is there somewhere that details how to go about why a team start losing....

WJ Been absent for a few years....is there somewhere that details how to go about why a team start losing....
It's never changed though. Look at matches. See if players (yours and opponents) are finding space. Look if your chances are the same. Look if they're creating chances too easily or if your passing options poor or shots taken are from poor positions, etc.

How to get out of a loosing streak ?

Play to not loose for a couple of games to get some morale and dressing room atmosphere back, you need to start from the back if you dont concede your not going to loose.
Once I've suffered several defeats I wait for gap between games (7 days or more)
I then change training to defensive positioning and select several of your important first team players and praise their conduct, its a cheap way to raise morale I've never seen a player react poorly to it.

Next step, look at what your starting line up has been the last few games, and drop players who have played poor (if your whole team has been poor there may still be players playing worse than the rest of the team drop them)
Look at your players mental stats, during this tough time I'd favour players with high Work rate, team work & determination over other abilities for now.

Final step would be a temporary tactic to stop loosing, start out defensive and structured, playing direct passing and clearing the ball to the flanks.
Play a deep defensive line if your defenders have pretty high concentration, jumping reach, tackling, heading & marking, play less deep if they have a fair amount of pace.
Individual set the defenders instructions to lump it, you dont want any mistakes at the back. Setting their role to defensive centre back will do this.
Add tighter marking and get stuck in onto the instructions too.

That normally works for me, I normally get a 0-0, might nick a 1-0 win with it, I then either revert to my default tactic after it, or start editing this one to become slightly more expansive.

How to get out of a loosing streak ?

Play to not loose for a couple of games to get some morale and dressing room atmosphere back, you need to start from the back if you dont concede your not going to loose.
Once I've suffered several defeats I wait for gap between games (7 days or more)
I then change training to defensive positioning and select several of your important first team players and praise their conduct, its a cheap way to raise morale I've never seen a player react poorly to it.

Next step, look at what your starting line up has been the last few games, and drop players who have played poor (if your whole team has been poor there may still be players playing worse than the rest of the team drop them)
Look at your players mental stats, during this tough time I'd favour players with high Work rate, team work & determination over other abilities for now.

Final step would be a temporary tactic to stop loosing, start out defensive and structured, playing direct passing and clearing the ball to the flanks.
Play a deep defensive line if your defenders have pretty high concentration, jumping reach, tackling, heading & marking, play less deep if they have a fair amount of pace.
Individual set the defenders instructions to lump it, you dont want any mistakes at the back. Setting their role to defensive centre back will do this.
Add tighter marking and get stuck in onto the instructions too.

That normally works for me, I normally get a 0-0, might nick a 1-0 win with it, I then either revert to my default tactic after it, or start editing this one to become slightly more expansive.

Thanks Hig
I'll use that info.....I've also been reading a few posts on FM Scout and watched a few you tube videos..just finished my season. Slump seems to consistently happen around Nov/Dec....and in short....plug in and play FM strategy aint up to it.....so you have to manage your way through it.....

been changing match prep and mentality for the matches seem to work....will start new season tonight....post updates once i hit the slump and try and manage way through it.
Thanks for the reply..merryxmas

Arrange friendlies v lesser rep teams whenever u can.