johnl244

Reaction score
Hi

is there anyway, through an editor or any other means, to stop a club paying out dividends?

thanks

To stop paying dividends stop making a profit. Simple.

I kinda like to do things the legit way

but it does get annoying when your massive transfer surpluses just go the shareholders

I kinda like to do things the legit way

but it does get annoying when your massive transfer surpluses just go the shareholders

Well, that's the legit way. The shareholders give the club money, and they expect a return when it goes well.

yeah, i understand that, but in older versions of Champ manager you could rack up massive profits year after year so you ended up with bllions in the bank

also not all clubs are run for profit and therefore wouldn't have shareholders to pay out dividends to. Would clubs like barcalona which are owned by the fans, still pay out a dividend if you made a large profit one year?

thanks for the replies

yeah, i understand that, but in older versions of Champ manager you could rack up massive profits year after year so you ended up with bllions in the bank

also not all clubs are run for profit and therefore wouldn't have shareholders to pay out dividends to. Would clubs like barcalona which are owned by the fans, still pay out a dividend if you made a large profit one year?

thanks for the replies

For a club like Barca, yes, but most clubs are owned by shareholders. I've never managed Barca, so I don't know whether they pay dividends. However, most clubs do pay dividends.

there's an option in the editor for each club...something like publicly traded company. Uncheck that box.