beesef2

Reaction score
Can anyone help me with a tactic to stop the A.I from scoring equalizers in the last 5 minutes?

Personally I can't figure it out and have come to the conclusion that the computer is just cheating, but i'm sure someone out there knows how to combat this.

There is no way to stop them completely. But you can try going more defensive. Change your tactics around at the end and go to contain on your team instructions.

Go to contain set one of your midfielders to defensive midfielder achorman. if your playing 2 upfront take one of them off for a midfielder. Also make sure your players arent too tired make a few subs nere the end.

Going defensive helps to an extent, when you get players like Ameobi score a 30 yarder against you have to think what is the world coming to!!

take off a striker and bring on a CB seems to work for me :)

You can't "stop" them, but you can try different tactical methods. Most of them have already been said really, contain is the main one, and taking off a striker for a midfielder is a good idea. Also the touchline instruction "retain possession" and also "hassle your opponents" always work well together when protecting a lead for me. Must have them on at the same time though :)

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 PM ----------

take off a striker and bring on a CB seems to work for me :)
Agreed taking off a striker, but in my personal experience it works better bringing on a midfielder as you win the ball more and retain possession better

I almost lost my first place because of those late goals...

I had the same problem during pre-season with Blackpool,

If leading by 1 in the last few mins I go really defensive, extra CB, contain and try keep hold of the ball

lot depends on you're defence don't go contain if you have **** defence instead go balanced and pull youre midfilders back to help defenders out but if you have strong defence go contain as they can cope with the pressure . Going contain playing against strong teams is just asking for them to score I find.

I usually switch to defence, then use the shouts for "take a breather" and "retain posession". Seems to work ok in championship. Also like to swap a more attack minded cm for more defensive mid. Although, if playing a team with a slow defence I go counter instead to try n wrap it up.