Danno80

Reaction score
I'm in the process of editing a random Oceania nation to have a simple 1 division league that only uses domestic players. The nation has max youth rating and the teams have top class youth and training facilities to be able to sustain and increase quality in the future. I want every player to only play in this nation. That means I need to stop teams from outside the competition from buying these players without stopping teams within the competition buying each others' players therefore making it not as simple as to put a transfer embargo on all the teams.

Is there an easy way to stop transfers out of a nation?

Also some of the teams in the first test bought foreign players who were then ineligible. Can this be easily stopped?
Also experienced a crash just before the start of the second season in about March 2012.

I'm planning on this having about 5 divisions with 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th teams but I can only have two extra teams attached to the club and I want one of them to be U18. So what is the best type of Affiliation to have a setup like this?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2012\data\db\1200\edt

Depending on your system, that will be 'program files' or 'program files (x86)'

There is a file called transfer embargo. Open it, it's fairly self explanatory, you just add team names and dates below the existing embargoes.

I was trying to say I can't do the transfer embargoes because I still want my created teams to transfer between each other within the competition.

If you meant that I should put transfer embargoes on all the other teams, that is not what I want to do. I want to create these league rules, teams and players without affecting the rest of the world.

Ah sorry, misread.

I'm not sure that there is a reliable way to do what you want to do in all honesty.

The best fix i found when running an auction game was to make the transfer window one or two days, and monitor transfer activity within these dates, stopping them with FMRTE if you see them early enough, or reversing them if necessary.

Hmm... Not really a fan of FMRTE...
I saw that you can add preferences for players, like 'doesn't want to be a player - europe'. Not sure if it means doesn't want to play in Europe or doesn't want to have Euro nationality... I'll try that and see how it goes.

Hmm... Not really a fan of FMRTE...
I saw that you can add preferences for players, like 'doesn't want to be a player - europe'. Not sure if it means doesn't want to play in Europe or doesn't want to have Euro nationality... I'll try that and see how it goes.

Can you let us know in the thread how that goes because I absolutely HATE using embargoes and would love it if your alternative works. Way to think outside the box!

You will improve my database considerably if you can get that to work.