Storming the league with skill & Hard Work:A Blackburn Rovers story

RyanGolding10

Reaction score
Storming the league with skill & Hard Work:A Blackburn Rovers story

View attachment 207954

View attachment 207955Breaking News:

Blackburn rovers can confirm that manager Steve Kean has left the club after contracting a vigorous form of food poisoning after eating at Venky's Exprs a take away chicken restaurant on a 2 day trip to Pune, India regarding the building of a school which will see less fortunate children being trained by former football player David Lowe who is employed as a youth coach for Blackburn. Blackburn rovers offer their support for Steve Kean and his family during the illness and hope to see him managing again soon…

“I personally didn’t see that one coming, poor old Steve” I turned and looked at my biography ‘Murphy Stevens: A career cut short’ for I was a player once for Blackburn’s reserve team but on my first team debut I suffered a chronic knee injury which prematurely ended my career.

(The Phone begins to ring)
View attachment 207953“Hello” I said in a confused tone as i answered the phone,this number was marked as unknown

“Is this Murphy Stevens?” The voice spoke in an Indian accent

“Yeah that’s me” I thought to myself this is a spam phone call

“My name is Anuradha Desai I’m here to talk to you about our vacant manager position at Blackburn Rovers Football club”

I thought, no not me they must have the wrong number as I had only just got my coaching badges.

“If your interested please come to the boardroom , I'm sure you know where it is considering you once played here”

I finally spoke, I tried to sound clever but I just said “OK”

“I hope to see you soon”

(The phone cuts of)

"Wow that's rather surprising...I better get a speech prepared so I at least have a slight chance of being employed.At least I still have a few of my contacts they could prove useful in the long run."

Last edited:
View attachment 208575
I step into the Blackburn Rovers boardroom, nowadays it looked completely different than when I played. I was introduced by Anuradha Desai the chairman.

“Hello Mr. Stevens please take a seat”

I sat down un-folding my notes

“We are looking at employing you as our manager would you been interested” She began

I didn’t have to think

“I would be delighted to.” I said

“Great, but first we need to know your ambitions for the club so we can confirm were on the same page.”

“I believe Blackburn Rovers are capable of a top-half finish as long as we bring in a few extra players in some key positions.” I felt this was realistic

“That’s very impressive; due to the lack of applicants I’m going to offer you a 2 year contract worth £11,750-a-week here’s a pen, do you accept?”

“Wow this is amazing; I accept your offer now to sign the form.”
View attachment 208576
“Anything you would like to add?”

I had a few options but I struggled to choose just one but I decided

“I believe you should increase the wage budget or we can forget our expectations and give up now”

“I’m going to accept that request as I feel the same way”

“Is that all?”

“Yes” I exclaimed

“That concludes this meeting; see you tomorrow in the press room for your press conference

Blackburn Rovers announce unknown Murphy Stevens as their manager
View attachment 208578
After extensive discussions Blackburn Rovers can confirm they have signed former Blackburn player Murphy Stevens as their manager.Here is Andy Cryer who is with Murphy Stevens right now.

Andy Cryer (Journalist)
“Hey Mr. Stevens you were once a player here and only managed one game before premature retirement obviously Blackburn is one of your favourite clubs?”

Murphy Stevens
“Well of course, I love Blackburn and always will we have dropped in status since our glory days and need to step it up. But I’m sure I haven’t won the fans over as I have no management experience.

Chris Flanagan (Journalist)
“But surely lack of fan support will affect how the team plays?”

Murphy Stevens
“The players should know that if they don’t play to the fans and my standard they are going to be booed off the pitch and what-not, it isn’t the ideal behaviour of a fan but unfortunately that is the case. Is that all?”

Chris Flanagan (Journalist)
“I’m done now, thanks”

That’s it,now it really begins!

-Now I'm doing a month-to-month post July is just being made should be up soon :)-

July

The pre-season got under way with a few cheap transfers and a few good results.

Match day 1 – Blackburn Reserves
View attachment 209282

Full time:
Blackburn Rovers 3- 1 Blackburn Reserves
Leigh Sports Villlage,Leigh
Att: 0
MOM: Rubén RochinA

View attachment 209267 VS View attachment 209267
Petrovic opened the scoring after 9 minutes with a 25-yard half volley after a suburb pass from Marco Formica.

Blackburn doubled the advantage on the 32nd minute when Rubén Rochina connected onto a Morten Gamst Pedersen free-kick with a diving header.

Rochina added his second of the game in the 39th​ minute when he took a shot from the edge of the area after a great pass from Morten gamst Pedersen.

Blackburn Reserves got a goal back in the 58th​ minute when Herold Goulon scored a close range header from a free-kick.

Match day 2 – Hamburger SV
View attachment 209283

Full time:
Blackburn Rovers 2- 2 Hamburger SV
Ewood Park, Blackburn
Att:8,670
MOM:Radosav Petrovic
View attachment 209267 VS View attachment 209268
HSV took a lead in the 54th​ minute when Per Ciljan Skjelbred scored a well timed close range finish.

Marco Formica equalised in the 63rd​ minute when he capitalised on a deflection to score a tap-in from close range.

Tolgay Arslan then put HSV in front again in the 78th​ minute with a simple tap-in after a defensive mix-up.

Blackburn did not leave with nothing as Radosav Petrovic equalised for Blackburn in the 87th​ minute when he scored an amazing 30 yard pile-driver which denied Hamburger SV the victory.

Match day 3 – Millwall
View attachment 209284

Full time:
Blackburn Rovers 3- 1 Millwall
Ewood Park, Blackburn
Att: 4,780
MOM: Rubén Rochina

View attachment 209267 VS View attachment 209269

Blackburn took an early lead after a surging run by Ruben Rochina lead to the defender get past two defenders before placing a shot in the top left corner on 35 minutes.

Millwall got a late equaliser after new signing Biel Ribas performed a stunning save from Josh McQuoid but the ball only came back to Chris Hackett’s feet who tapped-in on 82 minutes.

Blackburn regained the lead on 84 minutes when Rubén Rochina picked out Martin Olsson’s suburb pass before slotting the ball down the right-hand side of the goal.

Grant Hanley completed the scoring for Blackburn when he headed in a Marco Formica corner on 91 minutes.

Match day 4 – Alloa Athletic F.C

View attachment 209285
Full time:
Recreational Park, Alloa
Att: Ryan Nelsen
MOM: 2,328
View attachment 209267 VS View attachment 209270

Ryan Nelsen put Blackburn into the lead on 7 minutes with a powerful header after a corner from Morten Gamst Pedersen.

Ryan Nelsen scored his second of the game 8 minutes later when he once again buried a Morten Gamst Pedersen corner.

Rubén Rochina finished the scoring on 40 minutes when he ran at the defence before scoring a placed shot.

Match day 5 – Steaua București
View attachment 209286

Full time:
Blackburn Rovers 2 - 2 Steaua București
Ewood Park, Blackburn
Att: 7,665
MOM: Siphiwe Tshabalala
View attachment 209267 VS View attachment 209271

Siphiwe Tshabalala put Blackburn ahead on 37 minutes when he tapped-in Michel Salgado’s pinpoint cross.

Andrei Stangaciu equalised for Steaua in the 58th​ minute when he struck a powerful shot into the top right corner of the net.

Raul Gheorghe Burcea put Steaua ahead for the first time in the 78th​ minute when he scored an absolute screamer of a goal from 30-yards.

Radosav Petrovic equalised for Blackburn in the 89th​ minute when he scored a 30-yard drive, the second of his pre season.​

Match day 6 – Grémio
View attachment 209287

Full time:
Ewood Park, Blackburn
Att: 7,878
MOM: Brandão

View attachment 209267 VS View attachment 209272

Grémio took the lead on 31 minutes when Brandão scored a powerful header from aa corner.

Grémio extended their lead after 46 minutes when Brandão scored a fluke header,his second goal of the game.

Yakubu scored a goal on the 54th​ minute from the edge of the area but it proved only a consolation.

Match day 7 – Crawley

View attachment 209288
Full time:
Broadfield Stadium, Crawley
Att: 2,551
MOM: Siphiwe Tshabalala

View attachment 209267 VS View attachment 209273

Tshabalala opened the scoring on 23 minutes with a well struck effort from just inside the area.

Robbie Cotton finished the scoring on 51 minutes when he headed in Filip Pivkovski across goal header.

Tranfers-

In:

Biel Ribas Free transferView attachment 209280 Blackburn Fee:Free
Fernando Belluschi FC PortoView attachment 209280 Blackburn Fee: £1.4M
Siphiwe Tshabalala Kazier ChiefsView attachment 209280 Blackburn Fee:£324K

Out:

Mark Bunn
Blackburn View attachment 209281 Southhampton Fee:£2M​