[Story]Charlton <---) Road to the Premier League.

Sisuvide

Reaction score
In my last save, I was playing with Wolves, I was in my fifth season, had won 3 EPL titles and 1 UEFA Champions League. Then, I just got bored, and I wanted to make my first story :).

attachment.php

Changes in Charlton Athletic F.C.
200px-Charlton_Athletic.svg.png

Just around 15 minutes ago, Charlton Athletic's chariman Richard Murray announced to the press in London, that the manager Phil Parkinson has been sacked.
"He was just not performing, as we thought we would. He hasn't gotten any good results in pre-season matches." said Murray.
Some names to the new manager are already roaming on the internet, but Charlton's board do not want to say names of possible managers yet.

2 Hours Later

Some managers had been already listed by Charlton's board. Names like Reading's Brian McDermott, and Paul Tisdale. Some of the others managers are not that known.

16 Hours Later, 7th July, 11:35 AM.
Richard Murray, Charlton Athletic FC's chairman, has just announced who will be the new manager. Javier Rojas, the 33 year old unexperienced Chilean manager, will be the new Charlton's manager for the season.
According to Rojas' background, this will be the first team he has ever managed in England, the last team he had managed was Universidad de Chile, just after having to retire from professional football because of a broken knee.
"We know he's not known in the country, but we thought that he would be the perfect manager, and that he would know how to success in this league. The rest of the board and I expect much from Javier, he is a really good person, and we are sure that he will reach the promotion."

7th July 12:45 AM.
-Javier, looking back to your career, you're not that experienced in managing teams, you have only managed one team for 2 seasons. How do you think you will be doing in this league, after winning the First Chilean Division twice with "La U"?
Are you please to be hired as the new Charlton's manager?

-I'm really happy with this, I'm excited. I know managing team in this country is never easy, I will do my best. I'll try to be as much involved as I can in every area of the club. I'm almost sure that I'll win this league, or at least get promoted.

That's it mates, now is kind of late, but as soon as I get home tomorrow I'll update giving information about the transfers and fixtures :) .

Last edited:
Bad luck about the whole Charlton not qualifying for the play off final thing :p - don't know if you actually support them... anyway good luck nice layout.

I ,for one ,am gutted at the Play off heartache. For the captain to put it wide at such a crucial time...
But anyway, interesting layout, i'll follow

Hello mates, I wanted to answer something. I am not a Charlton's fan, I just use to play with them in FIFA 10 (I have won around 17 from 20 matches online with them) and I won almost every game with my friends, lol. So I just decided to make a story, I was bored xD.

The Tactic:
I'm going to use Mr Hough's 4123 tactics since I've read that a lot of people have had success with this tactic.
charltonathletic.jpg

I Might do some changes according to the team I'm playing with, but I give all the credits to Mr Hough.

Transfer Window Is Open.
Charlton's manager, Javier Rojas, has terminated two loans. Kyel Reid"s, and David Mooney's.
0,,10418~6841832,00.jpg
C_67_article_2059193_body_articleblock_0_bodyimage.jpg

Javier Rojas has also sold two players which are Lloyd Sam and Scott Wagstaff.
Sam_L-08.jpg
wagstaff_s-07.jpg

Until now, Javier has brought three new faces into the squad, two of them were signed in a free transfer. These players are Christian Vieri, George Mourad, and Dwayne Miller.
vieri.jpg
w050409willem2naci_1089176b.jpg
610x.jpg

-First of all, I felt like the team did not need loans, even though I kept Akpo Sodje. I think they were just making me spend too much money in their wages.
I am very confident that the new signings will be a whole boost to the team.
charltonathletic22.png

Charlton 4 - 0 Charlton Reserves (Kelly Youga, Christian Dailly, Akpo Sodje, Deon Burton)
I felt happy with this, even though is just the team's reserves, I'm pleased to have won my first match with Charlton.

Cardiff 2 - 1 Charlton (Nicky Bailey)
I'm not too dissapointed with this, but I am. Even though Cardiff is a better team that we are, I think we could had done better. Sam Sodje was sent off at the 69th minute, which I think was vital for Cardiff to make the two goals they made.

Bradford 1 - 1 Charlton (David Mooney) --- Before I ended his loan
I'm a little dissapointed with this, even though is just Pre-Season, I really don't want this to happen in the league matches.

Welling 0 - 2 Charlton (Jose Semedo, Deon Burton)
I feel very pleased with this result, Deon Burton won the player of the match giving 1 assist and scoring a goal. I want the team to keep these results.

Wrexham 0 - 5 Charlton (Christian Vieri 2x, Christian Dailly 2x, Jonjo Shelvey)
I really want to see more results like this one.

Charlton 4 - 0 Liverpool Reserves
Just a good result.

Charlton 1 - 3 West Ham (Leon McKenzie)
Not really dissapointed with this, but I really want my team to win.

I'm really sorry for the delay, forgot I had to go to my Basketball practice. Will update later, again.

---------- Post added at 05:34 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 05:45 AM ----------

Charlton!​
Javier Rojas, the new Charlton's manger has many things to say as he has not lost any game since the beginning of the season. The fans are very pleased with how this new manager is performing at the current time.

2590467129-08082009150305.jpg

Charlton 4 - 1 Wycombe (Matt Spring, Akpo Sodje, Leon Mckenzie, Kelly Youga).
A good match, I enjoyed it. Deon Burton, who won the MOM, did not score any goal, but gave 3 perfect assistances. I'm very, very pleased with having won the first match of the regular season.

charlton4565match1.jpg

Barnet 0 - 6 Charlton [League Cup](Deon Burton 2x, George Mourad, Christian Dailly 2x, Jonjo Shelvey)
Once again, Deon Burton won the MOM, scoring 2 goals and giving 1 assistance.

4036402333-15082009161541.jpg

Hartlepool 0 - 1 Charlton (Nicky Bailey)
Christian Dailly won the MOM having a rating of 8.3. I felt like the team had a complicated match, but Christian Dailly had a great vision creating the play that led to Nicki Bailey's goal.

734235960-18082009200731.jpg

Leyton Orient 1 - 2 Charlton (Christian Dailly, Jonjo Shelvey)
Jonjo Shelvey won the MOM and he really deserved it, he scored and he assisted Dailly's goal.

charlton3.jpeg

Charlton 3 - 1 Walsall (Leon McKenzie, George Mourad, Deon Burton)
I'm very pleased with this result, and I want the team to keep these. George Mourad won the MOM.

27020569-soccer-coca-cola-football-league-charlton-athletic-v-millwall-valley.jpg

Charlton 2 - 0 Cardiff [League Cup rnd. 2] (Deon Burton, Leon McKenzie)
My team struggled until the 106th minute, when Deon Burton scored the first goal of the match, this gave the confidence the team needed, and the same Deon Burton led the McKenzie's goal.

Charlton+Athletic+v+Tranmere+Rovers+coDTuJJqXYgl.jpg

Tranmere 1 - 2 Charlton (George Mourad 2x)
George Mourad deservedly won the MOM.

Norwich+City+v+Charlton+Athletic+FA+Cup+3rd+gtS1IsBdlMcl.jpg

Norwich 0 - 2 Charlton (Leon McKenzie 2x)
Nothing to say, I just find this one a good result.

I'm still having to deal with Leeds, I hope I'll win the match against them, so that I could be first in the league.

Next Fixtures:
charltonathletic.jpg

________________________________________________________________​
So far, doing good. Waiting for the next month in the game to update. Thank you.

hi i am new on fm base great story by the way. I was just wondering the whole new kit thing is how did u do that