Olly999

Reaction score
The story of a man......

I was in my house in High legh, cheshire,UK,The house my Grandma had given to me when she pass away 5 years ago. 25 Only managed non league teams people had never heard of.I thought to myself "if i was ever gonna make a name for myself it would have to be now."

The next day,i went into the town and went to the job center and asked the lady behind the counter" are there any available jobs? she replied"What kind of job are you looking for?" i said boasting"The footballing area, so coaching ,any available jobs any where in football" she thought i was joking then she said "Please may i see your badges" Sure i repiled.

"Well its your lucky day with your coaching badges you could apply for the Burnley job they have just but it up now" "but to see the rest you will have to email the chairman Barry kilby and see if i thinks the the right man for the job.

"I went home unemployed but had a list of jobs to apply for but there was only one choice for me.Ever since i have been a boy i supported burnley through the up and downs never though of choosing a different club even if we were bottom and finish with nothing.

The following morning i ate my crunchy nut then started on my letter.The thing was i couldn't think of what do put then i hit me write on my childhood never giving up, never backing down.It was a week later when i got my reply this morning there wasn't any crunchy nut for me because i had smash the bowl on my foot."ouchhhhh"i bellowed.I didn't have time to read the whole letter because i was in the waiting room of A+E with my mate Dan , he had been my mate since i was 7 we played on the same footie team since he got a big move to Everton academy.I left to join my local pub club at 18 for a laugh with some of my mates we were top of the league we had won every 20 games of the season but my footballing career was cut short when we were beating a random pub club and there tallest defender snap my bone in my leg.The worst thing was when the doc said to me"You will never play football AGAIN"

Thinking of it makes me shiver down my spine, after been give the all clear all i was left with was crutches,Finally on the way home the City vs United was on the radio.Dan turn it up I couldn't bare to think if this was this high all the time in his scruffy car.I pull out the letter from my left pocket and read it I was speechless they had put me as a contender because they though they needed a true burnley supporter as manager.
sky-sports-news.jpg
Hello and welcome to sky sports news..blah blah i didn't bother reading that Messi won MOM against atletico Madrid ,all i was bothered was the burnley manager contenders.And here for all you burnley supporters sky bet had listed all the possible managers Blah blah.......And the long shot At 60/1 Oliver Houghton.Barry kilby had said that they put Oliver Houghton as contender because they need a huge burnley supporter who knows what its like to be a huge supporter."Finally a chance hopefully its mine if it is i won't let them down.

Last edited:
Sorry would of updated but football manager 2012 steam says its unavailable?can any one help?

The Job...

I am now packing my bags to go to my apartment the club gave me next to Turf Moor.There was no turning down the contract its the club i dreamt of managing since i got my badges,even if the contract is only until the end of the season but i will get a new contract well, i hope i do.

sky-sports-news.jpg

Hello this is sky sports news.breaking news!!!! I was on the edge my seat even though i have the job i just wanna see my name across the yellow line at the bottom.There it was i even had to say it out load "I am the manager of Burnley FC!"I jump out of my chair and did a knee slide on the carpet like i had scored a amazing goal,which turn out bad as i got carpet burn:(.

The following day i walked into the stadium and a very kind lady took me round."He is your dug-out sir where you will have subs and coaches sit" i replied "you don't have to call me sir just call Oliver" we walked on until we reach the tunnel"He's the tunnel Oliver,do you want to go inside and look at the changing rooms?" "yes please" i replied kindly.We went into the changng rooms i said what i thought out load"Since i was a little boy i always wanted to go in here now here i am"

I went home at 5pm after meeting the staff and players,after a long day i deserved the ice cold beer i pulled out of the fridge then when i sat down to relax i got a phone call "hello?"i said in a moody voice " Its your mum how are you?"she said in a kind voice " i am ok whats it like at home?" "its ok you dad was speechless when i found out you got the job,oh i have got to go my darling look after yourself " "ok mum but remember am not a child anymore and Bye".Now i can relax until tomorrow when the media want to see me and the first day of the job starts.The start of a dream job

Last edited: