stothy862

Reaction score
Hello guys! After a long break I am back!

As you can tell from the title I am focussing on a simple tactic that requires little to no skill for the players to fit into. This will make it easier for lower league sides to adapt to it's paying style and therefore dominate!

I have devised this from previous tactics I have created and been successful with. Here is the formation used and the second is the defensive tactic:

SanMarinoSanMarino_Tactics.png

SanMarinoSanMarino_Tactics-2.png

Again employs the same formation yet again! The 4-5-1/ 4-3-3 that I have used since day 1. There is a reason for this, I love it.

English football lacks flair and this tactic utilises that, it brings all parts of the field into play when attacking and defending but still making use of the 5x5 and holding firm.

The aim of this tactic was simplicity and if you check each player has a small amount of creative freedom, this allows enough for the player to think for himself but also enough to allow the tactic still to stick to it's formation

I use a combination of these tactical ideas to help my tactic:
5x5 – Ensures committed attack and defence
Wing Backs – Closes wingers back into their own half while overlapping inside forwards
Nike Defence – One Centre half cuts out the run while the other holds the line together
Inside Forwards – Wingers surprise the defence by cutting inside and scoring
False Nine – Forward collects the ball from deep, pulling the defensive line to bits leaving room for attack from less obvious places.

Hints and tips

Play maker: Set the CM as the play maker in the Simplicity but the LCM in Defensive,

Inside Forwards: Go to training then positional training and put it to the opposite wing, this is because the wingers swap sides so that sometimes they cross, sometimes they shoot, it confuses the opponent!

ANYONE FIND ANY OTHER LITTLE SECRETS, SHARE!

DOWNLOAD HERE!

In this file you will find:
Stothy's LLM Simpicity - Use this tactic as your first choice
Stothy's LLM Defensive - Use this if you aren't favourites
----------------------------------------------------------------

Also you might like to tweak with the tactic and I would love for you to try this! Any tweaks that are successful report back to me and I will test it and if it's good enough I will give you full credit!

I like to leave results to you guys so that you know I don't cheat!

Here is a low down on the Positions:

Sweeper Keeper: The Keeper rushes out to get the ball so he will need to be quick and mentally strong as well as the normal!
Key:
Aerial Ability
Command Of Area
Agility
Handling
One On Ones
Reflexes
Composure
Concentration
Decisions
Positioning
Creativity
Acceleration
Pace

Wing backs Pushing the wingers further up the field, stopping their runs and crosses. Probably the most demanding position on the team!

Key:
Crossing
Marking
Tackling
Decisions
Positioning
Teamwork
Work rate
Stamina
Acceleration

Centre backs 2 separate roles here, one runs up, meets the attacker and distributes, the other covers him.

Key:
Heading
Tackling
Marking
Determination
Jumping

Ball Playing:
Aggression
Bravery
Passing
Composure
Concentration
Decisions

Cover:
Anticipation
Strength

Anchor Man This guy cuts out the runs short and tracks back to help out in defence, but also has some role in the build up to the attack!

Key:
Heading
Tackling
Anticipation
Concentration
Decisions
Determination
Positioning
Work Rate
Strength
Marking

Centre Mid The are again 2 roles here, one guy wins the ball, the other runs about like a lunatic trying to score and defend!

Key:
Marking
Bravery
Determination
Positioning
Work rate
Strength
Stamina

Ball Winning:
Tackling
Aggression
Teamwork

Box To Box:
Acceleration
Anticipation
Decisions
Dribbling
Finishing
First Touch
Heading
Long Shots
Off The Ball
Passing
Technique

Inside Forwards: These guys cut in from the wings while the attacker pulls away defenders so that they are open on goal!

Key:
Crossing
Dribbling
Finishing
Passing
Decisions
Flair
Off The Ball
Decisions
Teamwork
Acceleration
Pace

Preferably: Can play both left and right and use both feet!

Trequartista This guy plays about with the ball, helps out wing players and is another outlet for attack

Key:
Finishing
First Touch
Passing
Technique
Anticipation
Composure
Creativity
Flair
Off The Ball
Agility

Deep Lying Forward This guy opens up the defence for the rest of the team to burn down their tower!

Key:
Dribbling
First Touch
Long Shots
Passing
Technique
Creativity
Decisions
Off the Ball
Teamwork
Strength

FILTERS FOR ALL POSITIONS HERE
This is one of the sort of things a false 9 can achieve!

1.png

Jeffers is open for a pass being tracked by a centre back.

2.png

Jeffers receives and the centre back goes in to tackle him, leaving lots of room in the centre for Newton.

3.png

Newton recieve in a one on one position

4.png

Newton Scores!

Last edited:
I wont mind mate, i got loads of spare time right now :)

I'll test it for you, currently managing Tre Fiori in the San Marinese league, you don't get much less skilled players than that.

Right now im in Fiorentina serie B team 10 years in the future, i want to test your tactic

I'd be more than happy to help- Maybe I can use it in my Weymouth Blog, and somehow incoporate a storyline in the blog out of it too.

Just drop a VM or something when you need me :)

Love the whole LLM side to FM. With Woking atm, got a good tactic working for the team might upload after i have used it a little bit more. 3 seasons or summat

I'm afraid it will take less than 10 years IRL :(

hey stothy are you testing with San Marino?

Love the whole LLM side to FM. With Woking atm, got a good tactic working for the team might upload after i have used it a little bit more. 3 seasons or summat

I'd be more than happy to help- Maybe I can use it in my Weymouth Blog, and somehow incoporate a storyline in the blog out of it too.

Just drop a VM or something when you need me :)
Yes mate I am using San Marino :) Attempting the challenge with a difference! :D

Woking wow! Blast from the past, took them from BSS to Champions League glory with my last tactic! Also very similar!

Mate that would be awesome if you could incorperate it in your blog! Sending it now!

Everyone who has posted here has now got a copy of the 1st version of the tactic, I have already made changes to it and beta v1.1 will be open by the end of the week so I will send out new copies soon!
For now I am closing beta until I receive feedback and work on it myself!
AWAITING FEEDBACK

---------- Post added 24/05/2011 at 07:39 PM ---------- Previous post was 23/05/2011 at 06:09 PM ----------

Early outcome of this new tactic is very promising, I have personally managed an unexpected promotion and managed to thrash people in the playoffs! So looking good!

Please people I need feedback so get back to me ASAP!

---------- Post added 26/05/2011 at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was 24/05/2011 at 07:39 PM ----------

Furst post updated and now available to download!

Not jet mate, had no time for FM :( Will give it a run tomorow

May try this? What team are you in the SS with Jeffers and Newton ?

Will be giving this a go if Brob's tactic doesn't work out in the first half of the season for my FC Halifax team. One thing I will say is don't forget, and I'm sure this is obvious, you need to select the most important attributes for your player filters as there's no way LL teams will be able to sign players who fit the criteria completely. Just a suggestion.