donshaggy

Reaction score
Im in season 2012/13 and it seems like everyone over the age of 60 is retiring, Arsene Wenger went first, then Sir Alex, Capello, and most coaches over the age of 60...the most bizzare one was Bryan Robson?? Is that how the game is programmed or is it just my save?

Happened to me aswell... after 2 seasons SAF and Arsene were retired already..

Same thing happened here. I understand Fergie because thats realistic, he is 71+
Cant understand Wenger tho, he would relish fergie retiring :p

I had Joey Barton retire at the age of 30 in my game

He is talking about manager retirements potta

Wenger and Fergie all retire after like 3 years... :/

im sure i've had saves though that wenger had being around in 2014 if im not mistaking? anyway..there has been this managerial merry go round after all those retirements and i've taken the spurs job..finished top half table with Derby county haha!

Some people retire between the ages of 20-30 aswell. It's not strange, it's because the game needs to remove people off the database in order to bring in regens :)

Some people retire between the ages of 20-30 aswell. It's not strange, it's because the game needs to remove people off the database in order to bring in regens :)

Sensible answer. However i think it should make some exceptions. Succesful managers shouldn't just retire. Definitely not, if the team is their favorite as well.

I get the same, it is strange. I saw the worst retirement ever at my game, a player retired completely from football at the age of 19 despite getting several club offers :S

Wenger is still around in my save. He's at Roma in 2014.

Harry Redknapp just retired.
Fergie went after the first season

After the 2012 Euros, the majority of the managers retired and that meant a lot of managers left their clubs, etc

I know this thread is mainly based on managers, but on FM2010 I found some 24 year old German guy who had a good PA, I put him in my reserves with good training but he wasn't getting much better, I released him after a while and he retired at 28