Strange time schedule of beta and full release?

DoubleR

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

Since FM has introduced a beta for people that pre-order.. 2013 I think? So for the last two years, I have always wondered how FM manages to pull this off.

There are so many games that get to a gold/release/print status weeks before their release date, while FM seems to work on the game until the last moment possible. When you have a beta with still so many apparent issues (obviously the game works, but it is not perfect for release), isnt it strange that SI are supposed to iron all this stuff out (including the numerous.. 100's or 1000's issues you guys have found that were not known prior to the beta), so close before release?

For example a recent article (4 hours as of writing here) talks about a gold status for WWE 2K15 for PS4 and Xbox One... today; meaning ready for full release/ready to be shipped to customers.. WWE 2K15 has a release date for November 17th; almost 2,5 weeks from now.. where FM has a beta 2 weeks from release date.. (WWE 2K15 For PS4 And Xbox One Goes Gold | Attack of the Fanboy)

Another example: Adventure Time: The Secret of the Nameless, reached gold Yesterday and is set for a release date of November 18th (so almost close to 3 weeks) (News: Adventure Time: The Secret of the Nameless Kingdom Gone Gold, Screens Released)

Third example: Borderlands the Pre-Sequal; annoucned gold status on September 29th, with a release on October 14th (Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Has Gone Gold - IGN) (again just over 2 weeks)

So how can it be that, at least looking at these three examples, games seem to be going "gold" or "ready for release" a little over 2 weeks before release, while FM only enters beta (and not final stages of beta but a pretty rough beta looking at the bugs, 2 weeks before release).. either the people over SI are programming gods that can get everything working in 2 weeks (with also leaving time to ship everything), we are playing a older 'beta' version, or they deal with the fact that they will not be able to fix everything at release?

I just find it strange that SI is still tinkering/fixing/changing so close to what should be (final) release..

FM is a yearly release, and things like the ME are being worked on all the time, all year.

One reason. Steam. The game doesn't need to go "Gold" in the traditional sense, because of Steam.

Don't criticise FM or it's developers mate. The FM ****-Hurt Brigade will start flaming you shortly. Be prepared.

or they deal with the fact that they will not be able to fix everything at release?

I'd say this is true. The match engine is in constant development.