yamyam91

Reaction score
Have been playing my save with Wolves ever since 13 came out, Was getting some pretty poor results at the start, Losing to my reserves and doing very poor in the league.

Changed the match view from 3d to 2d and all of a sudden i started winning games, now im sitting pretty at the top of the table.

Do you think that the match engine is so bugged that its unplayable and the 2d is the way forward until bugs are fixed?

Or was my 10 game unbeaten run just a fluke?

Thanks

What match view you use has no effect on the match engine. The match engine works exactly the same no matter how you choose to watch your game, it just displays the results of the processing in different ways.

Actually it has been said by multiple people that changing to 2D helps the match engine a lot and most of the bugs or weird player behavior subsides (defenders and goalies just standing on the ball getting caught etc.) I do like the 3D view but I myself switched to the 2D due to this reason.

I dont no how true it atcually is, but i could'nt buy a win before i switched the view, now i cant stop scoring. Might be a flaw, Loosing 3-1 to Northampton in the cup then smashing Swansea, Liverpool, Millwall and West Brom all 3+ goals kind of works in the 2d ME favour, hope this helps with anyone getting frustrated with the 3d ME.

About to give it a go too..! I will not let this random game / ME beat me!!!

Played a friendly with Newcastle against my reserves 2D match view won 4-1 and dominated. Loaded back up and played again with the 3D match view and drew 0-0 in an even game, same tactics and team talks, didn't make any subs in either game. Could be a coincidence but it's worth looking into a bit more.

This is abso-f'ing-lutely true. Turning off 3D view improved my team's performance exponentially.

From struggling to win against lower teams (and I manage Barcelona, no less) to effortless treble.

Hopefully this works for everyone and the frustrating match engine comments dissapear. Just a shame that we have to revert back 5 years to get the game to work correctly!

Keep posting updates on how this has worked for you!

Actually it has been said by multiple people that changing to 2D helps the match engine a lot and most of the bugs or weird player behavior subsides (defenders and goalies just standing on the ball getting caught etc.) I do like the 3D view but I myself switched to the 2D due to this reason.

I personally haven't seen any change. My wingers still take the ball to the byline, and instead of cutting inside like I've told them to, decide to turn towards the touchline for some reason, so naturally they now have their backs to the penalty area. Then, even when a full back is standing right next to them for a simple pass, they decide to take a nap with the ball, which results in them losing it.

The amount of confirmation bias in this thread is simply astounding.

The ME in the 2D is exactly the same as the one in 3D.

Changing the view might help you look at and analyse things better. But it does not change how the match engine works.

Fact. (as Rafa Benitez would say).

The ME in the 2D is exactly the same as the one in 3D.

Changing the view might help you look at and analyse things better. But it does not change how the match engine works.

Fact. (as Rafa Benitez would say).

Funnily enough, when you change VIEW all it does is, uh, change view.

Exactly. I can't understand why people are saying there's a massive change when they switch to 2D, but I was seeing it everywhere so I thought I'd give it a go.

Made no obvious difference to me, so me thinks this could be rubbish....

I've found it actually works for me a bit? Dunno why but i've won more games in 2D than in 3D, same tactics/players everything. Plus it's kinda weird going back to old school 2D, reminds me of the glory days with my FM 09 super-team.