dellboy100

Reaction score
hey guys,

Just wondered if anybody ever has any luck when changing strategy to overload when your depserate for goal wether it be to stay in a competition or to get an equalising goal late on

when i have done this over all the seasons i have played i gey pretty much no highlightes, i wuudnt mind if it was the odd time but im not the only personto have this happen too as a couple of mates have this problem.

for example: im losing 2-1 at home to 3rd bottom on 65mins i have battered them all game and its too counters they have scored on,

so i go overload and there is no highlites at all i wud expect my team who were high in the league to at least create the odd chance or my opposition to break agaisnt me if im going all out.

This isn't a random event this seems to happen when ever i go overload, renderng the option pretty much useless

anybody else found this?

cheers

Dellboy

try to move to 3 strikers formation when youre in this situation.

Also try to put some hard tackle and hassle opponents so they don't destroy your defense.

Btw, never used it

I use it often in the last ten minutes aswell as playing 2-4-4 which usually gets me a goal or 2 depending on the opposition ... Also Direct play works better than short when when using overload

Only when Im incredibly desperate and usually any tactical sense I have goes straight out the window...

What Iv done before was move every player forward a position where I could which meant I played my CBs as DM etc... That works sometimes Iv had some success but in some ways I put it down to luck rather than my tactical changes...
I know what you're talking about I find if you get it to work 50% of the time you're not doing too bad...
I use shouts sometimes too, exploit flanks, pump into box, pass into space, hassle opponents, get stuck in... Theres so many things you can do Iv had success with overload but keeping my possession style and using retain possession but sometimes it goes haywire too...

I have an OVERLOAD tactic I use for matches let alone last tell minutes. Its also a 424. Worked a treat in Brazil with Internacional and Greece with Olympiacos but was a disaster to the point that I no longer use it in my MONACO save ... go figure!

thanks for the reply guys, just seemed strange that setting a team to go all out attack for a goal with 25 mintues or so left wouldnt make you a half chance or even leave you exposed to be hit on the counter.

just a litle something that frustrated me but loving this years insatallment, still on my 1st save game in 2022, good luck guys